01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR / IP camera acusense capture vehicle plate number lower cost?

simplicio19

Can anyone recommend a 4mp motorized varifical Ip or analog ColorVu /Acusense bullet camera that I can use with NVR DS-7616NI-12

I need to be able to capture a vehicle plate number at 5m Max 10 m

I need to be able to capture a vehicle plate number at 5m Max 10 m
Is that vehicle plate going to be stationary or moving? If you're wanting to capture moving number plates you would be advised to look at a dedicated ANPR camera.

It is going to be for a stationary vehicle. Basically the vehicle arrives to a stop point at the community entrance.(gated community)
I was wandering if instead spending money on the ANPR camera I can obtain the same result at less than half price with a 4mp varifocal camera since I just need the security guard to be able to look at the numbers on the vehicle plate.

It is going to be for a stationary vehicle. Basically the vehicle arrives to a stop point at the community entrance.(gated community)
I was wandering if instead spending money on the ANPR camera I can obtain the same result at less than half price with a 4mp varifocal camera since I just need the security guard to be able to look at the numbers on the vehicle plate.
A standard camera will be fine for that then. Use a ColorVu as you don’t want infra-red reflecting on the plate and whiting it out

I'd probably suggest one of the ColorVu varifocal models so that you can adjust the viewing angle to display the stationary plate at an appropriate screen size to be easily readable.

There's the DS-2CD2747G2T-LZS(C) in dome format. Or if a standard bullet style is more suitable for the mounting location there's the DS-2CD2647G2T-LZS(C). Both have a 2.8mm - 12mm motorised varifocal lens that gives a 56 degree horizontal field of view at the narrow end so should be fine.

Back