01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

On-monitor notifications - Hikvision - Can they be disabled?

cymruchris

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I think the answer is no - but I'll ask in case I'm missing anything obvious.

On an I-series NVR (DS-7616NXI-12/S) - running on firmware V4.62.200 build 230105 (which I think is the latest) - when viewing the live screen feed from the NVR through an HDMI cable - is there any way to hide or disable the little bell and movie clipboard icon from each of the channels? I know they signify events/motion/recording - but is there a way for them to disappear?

I'm fairly sure the answer is 'you're stuck with them' but there are some great minds here that might know something I don't.

Thanks.

I think the answer is no - but I'll ask in case I'm missing anything obvious.

On an I-series NVR (DS-7616NXI-12/S) - running on firmware V4.62.200 build 230105 (which I think is the latest) - when viewing the live screen feed from the NVR through an HDMI cable - is there any way to hide or disable the little bell and movie clipboard icon from each of the channels? I know they signify events/motion/recording - but is there a way for them to disappear?

I'm fairly sure the answer is 'you're stuck with them' but there are some great minds here that might know something I don't.

Thanks.
For the 'movie clipboard' icon, definitely not. Because it's the recording indicator and it is relatively easy (2 mouse clicks) on some firmwares to stop the 24/7 recording on a channel, it's the only way to know that the channel is recording. I usually tell my customers to ensure they're seeing that in case it has stopped recording.

For the yellow bell icon - I'm not sure. You can disable the bell in the upper right corner with the number of events, which is always going to be 99 as we never bother using the event playback from that icon (as playback starts 1 minute before the event trigger when 5 seconds would be more appropriate):
  • Click on the bell
  • Select 'Basic Event'
  • Click 'Set' and uncheck what you don't want, click ok
  • Select 'Smart Event' and uncheck what you don't want, click ok
...but I'm not sure about the individual one on the camera window. I think that might remain as indication of an alarm event regardless.

For the 'movie clipboard' icon, definitely not. Because it's the recording indicator and it is relatively easy (2 mouse clicks) on some firmwares to stop the 24/7 recording on a channel, it's the only way to know that the channel is recording. I usually tell my customers to ensure they're seeing that in case it has stopped recording.

For the yellow bell icon - I'm not sure. You can disable the bell in the upper right corner with the number of events, which is always going to be 99 as we never bother using the event playback from that icon (as playback starts 1 minute before the event trigger when 5 seconds would be more appropriate):
  • Click on the bell
  • Select 'Basic Event'
  • Click 'Set' and uncheck what you don't want, click ok
  • Select 'Smart Event' and uncheck what you don't want, click ok
...but I'm not sure about the individual one on the camera window. I think that might remain as indication of an alarm event regardless.
I didn't know about clicking directly on the bell - i'll give that a go tomorrow. Getting rid of the '99' would be a start - and better than nothing :) Thanks for the info.

Back