01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

POC (Power Over Co-ax) Issues?

ericbudgie

Hi All,
I am trying to install a hikvision POC camera onto my existing hik dvr IDS-7208HUHI-K1-4SB.

I have bought a separate 12v power supply,
I can't get video to work, I don't think power is a issue as the light kicks in if I cover the lens.
Cabling is fine as I can put the colorvu camera back on & it is ok.

Any ideas?
thanks Steve

Hi All,
I am trying to install a hikvision POC camera onto my existing hik dvr IDS-7208HUHI-K1-4SB.

I have bought a separate 12v power supply,
I can't get video to work, I don't think power is a issue as the light kicks in if I cover the lens.
Cabling is fine as I can put the colorvu camera back on & it is ok.

Any ideas?
thanks Steve
My guess is that you've got one of the 3K resolution cameras. Although they're 5 megapixel and supported by the HUHI-K1 DVRs, it uses a different aspect ratio that won't have been supported when your DVR was released. If you update the firmware to the latest available for your model it's likely to add support for the camera. What version and build is the current firmware?

Last edited:
The camera's I have are DS-2CE12UF3T-E, which are 8mp 4K.
Version/build currently , Build 190925

The camera's I have are DS-2CE12UF3T-E, which are 8mp 4K.
Version/build currently , Build 190925
The data sheet indicates that the DVR can accept 4K cameras, though the HUHI was usually considered a 5MP DVR. You've only put the build date there, it's the full version including build date that's needed (4.x.x_build190925), to check if there's anything newer.

There is probably newer firmware available but finding it for the DVR is difficult as the download portals are not up to date, the firmware download page doesn't give any results for analogue products and the product page isn't applicable as the (c) version has replaced it (and will use a different file)

I have just gone into the dvr upgrade settings, it is set to download latest upgrade package automatically.
It says the current version is the latest. I think we are looking at something else, I've no idea. Have you got any other ideas?

It says the current version is the latest
It never is. That comes up 5 times a week on this forum.

There’s no guarantee that a firmware update will resolve the problem as the datasheet claims it works with 8MP HDTvi cameras. However ensuring firmware is up to date would be the first step.

Back