01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PoE switch issues with camera connected

NPeete

I have a Hikvision DS-3E1106HP-EI POE switch.

The original configuration was that it was connected to DS-KH6320-WTE1 indoor station device via a ~12m long cat6 stp cable - so far it was working fine.

I've installed a new camera - DS-2CD1353G0-I via cables: due to some limited wiring options, a 2m cat5e stp + ~9m cat6 stp with keystones both end + 10m cat5e stp (a cable tester still indicates everything fine)
The first ~8 hours it was working fine but then both of the devices went offline - none of the ports on the switch come up (no leds indicating either connection or power).
If I unplug the new camera, the indoor station is working fine, however once i connect the camera, both devices go offline (only plugging in the camera also not working - no leds flashing on the switch).

Did I do something wrong with the wiring or the camea just died? (bit problematic mounting it down but if no other advices came I'll take it down and check it with the sort cable only as well....)

Isn't that a smart managed switch? Have you configured IP/username/password? Logon and check firmware is up-to-date as well as what the port status or perhaps log messages say etc.

Also, confirm what the IP addresses are of each device in the network - confirm there are no duplicated IP addresses.

Yes. it is a smart managed switch, configuration is ok. As i said it was working for an evening, went wrong overnight.
Checked the ips, those are correct. The logs only show poe down+link disconnected on the doorbell (good device) when i plug in the camera (the "wrong device").
This look to me some physical issue, not sure though whether it is the switch, the cabling or the camera.

Back