01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Privacy mask ANPR only

AciidSn3ak3r

Hi,

We are currently in the process of setting up a number of ANPR cameras across our vehicle storage compound and most of it works pretty well.
However, to achieve the results we want, we have to setup privacy masks to stop picking vehicles in the distance.

Predominately the cameras are there for ANPR reasons only, however it is handy to use them from a surveillance stance.
My question is, can a privacy mask be placed just for the ANPR side of things, but when it comes to viewing footage etc is it possible to view the entire thing?

We have the following camera's iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY with firmware V5.7.80 build 220223

Many thanks

Hi @AciidSn3ak3r

We are slightly confused by your ANPR setup, traditionally ANPR cameras require you to set a detection area where the plate reads happen but your description seems to be suggesting that the ANPR camera is reading plates all over the camera's FoV.

Can you please share screenshots of your ANPR configuration?

We would also recommend that you take a look at this ANPR configuration document that Hikvision provide which covers all the recommendations for installation/configuration to get the best ANPR results.

Attachments

• H8-ANPR-Camera-Installation-Configuration-Guid_2021007_UK.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 420
Not trying to be awkward, but i'd prefer not to share screenshots purely for privacy reasons.
The ANPR cameras are pointed at the particular area's with the lines that vehicles cross etc, however to effectively do this without it picking up background cars (as it's a wide entry point) we need to put a privacy mask on.
My question is though, is it possible to put a privacy mask on the ANPR detection only, but keep the footage recorded untouched essentially?

Thanks

We are kind of flipping your question.

You seem to be using privacy blanking to prevent number plates that you do not wish to detect from being read by the camera.
Therefore, you can never see/review what is blanked by those privacy screens.

We would expect that, rather than saying where you do not want to detect, you would set a 'region of interest' upon the area where you do want to detect.

Then, no need to blank the other areas.
Then, you'd still have useful contextual / background video from those areas recorded for later review if you wished.

I see.
So there might be confusion surrounding the yellow lines on our part. Are the yellow lines also used as detection?
Because at the minute, if we have our yellow lines in the vertical position and then blue line horizontally, sometimes we have vehicles that don't pass the blue line, but triggers an ANPR FTP upload.
Is that because potentially due to the yellow lines? If we shorten them so they're not "driven over", will that prevent it perhaps?

I can PM you a screenshot, happy to do that.

Please send to technical (at) use-ip.co.uk

It sounds like you have set it up correctly - the yellow lines are used to stipulate each side of the detection area.
The blue line is the “detection line”, so this is what the cars need to drive over to be detected.

I've noticed that there is slightly newer firmware (V5.7.80_220316) available on the iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY product page.
The release notes state these improvements, so it's worth trying with this version in case it fixes the false triggers:

1655379369277.png

It sounds like you have set it up correctly - the yellow lines are used to stipulate each side of the detection area.
The blue line is the “detection line”, so this is what the cars need to drive over to be detected.

I've noticed that there is slightly newer firmware (V5.7.80_220316) available on the iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY product page.
The release notes state these improvements, so it's worth trying with this version in case it fixes the false triggers:

View attachment 7726

Unfortunately I can't get that firmware to load. I don't know if that's because it was the GLOBAL website. I've found only getting to HikVision Europe will allow me to load firmware. Any thoughts?

When you say you cannot get it to load - what happens?

I receive a message to say "Upgrade stopped" and something about checking network connectivity. However if I use the firmware I downloaded from HikVision Europe download page (which seemingly the one I have loaded on the cameras is no longer available) it works fine.

The cameras were sourced from a UK reseller via a UK installer.

Can you share the "firmware version property" number that's found on the System Settings > Basic Info page, please?

Do you have any more luck with that same version that's linked on the European product page?
iDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHS

Or, if you use the Batch Configuration Tool to do the update?

Hi Kyle,

The firmware version property is C-R-H8-0

The one you linked to didn't work either. Just got "Upgrade stopped. Please check the network connection and try again".

Batch config tool doesn't allow me to put any cameras into the main area to check for upgrades. But that could be because we use multi VLAN's for this setup.

It seems like a network error during the upgrade.

If firmware is not correct for a device you get an error that tells you that.

As much as I want to believe that, it works fine with the firmware V5.7.80 build 220223

FWIW I have been using Edge for these firmware updates.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

I've just had the chance to test our iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHSY (without VLANs) and am seeing the same error message as you, so I think there must be a problem with that firmware.

Are you still getting the same false ANPR triggers?
Could you share the screenshots of the settings if so please, or send them to us directly on technical (at) use-ip.co.uk?

Thanks, I've received those - I'll speak to Hikvision about the issue and come back with any suggestions that I can.

Hikvision Support has recommended that you only use the firmware in the UK portal for the ANPR cameras, as this is built to specifically read UK number plates.

So, V5.7.80 build 220223 is correct for the latest.

They've also recommended changing the mode to "Entrance/Exit" and also using "Vehicle Priority" mode to see if this helps with the false detections.

Back