01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Why is the Latest Firmware for My DS-7616NXI-K1(B) Older than the Latest Firmware Version for the Non-(B) Model?

nnthoi1994

Currently, we only offer the (B) variant of Hikvision's 7604-K1 NVR:
Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder ¦ use-IP Ltd

We were led to believe that this '(B)' variant was an updated replacement for the previous version without the (B) suffix.
It came with the introduction of the h.265+ CODEC as an option on that base model NVR.

However, I am keen to share something that has only just come to light:
The previous version 7604 (without the (B) suffix) had ANPR capability built-in.
The newer version (with the (B)) is not ANPR capable.

Both remain available.

We were originally led to believe that the (B) replaced the original version.
This happened months ago.
The absence of the ANPR capability in the (B) model has only just come to light (initiated via a question in this forum if I recall correctly).

In the next week or so we will make both variants of their 7604-K1 NVR available in the webshop.

Last week, we began working through our NVR offer and added more attributes that you are now able to filter them by e.g. RAID, Dual LAN, Dual monitor & ANPR. This helps to make these key attributes more evident, and enables you to select for specific features that you may wish/need.
I just bought a Hikvision camera for 150 USD that has night color function and distinguishes people and vehicles, but it does not have line crossing. I have to spend another 150 USB to replace my current NVR with NVR 7616nxi-k1. When I look at the firmware, it looks like the photo below. If Ver B is newer, why is there an older firmware? Ver doesn't have B and my current recorder doesn't have max size and min size when setting smart event, so disappointing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-17-23-26-46-565_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-23-26-46-565_com.android.chrome.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2024-03-17-09-40-57-160_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-09-40-57-160_com.android.chrome.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2024-03-17-23-26-46-565_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-23-26-46-565_com.android.chrome.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2024-03-17-09-40-57-160_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-17-09-40-57-160_com.android.chrome.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 39
Hi @nnthoi1994

I've had a look into this for you.

We've never handled the 16-ch K1 models before because usually, 1 HDD is not enough for systems up to 16 cameras.

Looking at your images, the Hikvision website, and the Hikvision firmware download portal it looks like this is a rare case where the non-(B) model is newer/more current than the (B) model.

Your screenshots above show the firmware family for your NVR model is B-R-K21B2, when I looked in the Hikvision EU download portal I saw that only the K-series (B) models use this specific firmware and I could only find this specific firmware on the EU download portal which suggest the (B) models are region-specific and only the non-(B) models are available elsewhere.

This unique firmware for the (B) models might also explain why they are missing certain settings available on the non-(B) models.

All we can recommend is speaking to the seller you bought the NVR from to see if you can return this model to swap it for the non-(B) model, if you bought the NVR too long ago to return it or can't contact the seller then I'm afraid you will probably have to just put up with the NVR as it is or buy a completely new replacement model.

Hi @nnthoi1994

I've had a look into this for you.

We've never handled the 16-ch K1 models before because usually, 1 HDD is not enough for systems up to 16 cameras.

Looking at your images, the Hikvision website, and the Hikvision firmware download portal it looks like this is a rare case where the non-(B) model is newer/more current than the (B) model.

Your screenshots above show the firmware family for your NVR model is B-R-K21B2, when I looked in the Hikvision EU download portal I saw that only the K-series (B) models use this specific firmware and I could only find this specific firmware on the EU download portal which suggest the (B) models are region-specific and only the non-(B) models are available elsewhere.

This unique firmware for the (B) models might also explain why they are missing certain settings available on the non-(B) models.

All we can recommend is speaking to the seller you bought the NVR from to see if you can return this model to swap it for the non-(B) model, if you bought the NVR too long ago to return it or can't contact the seller then I'm afraid you will probably have to just put up with the NVR as it is or buy a completely new replacement model.
can i wait for an update for min max size function? :((

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-19-13-33-39-239_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-19-13-33-39-239_com.android.chrome.jpg
    847.3 KB · Views: 29
The latest firmware for the (B) model you have is from July 2023 so that makes me feel like they don't have any plans to release new feature updates for this particular model, but Hikvision are very unpredictable so they could just drop an update for this model out of the blue.

The only way to get a solid answer would be to try contacting Hikvision support directly or getting your original supplier to contact Hikvision for confirmation.

I contacted the seller, they said that version (B) is the latest version, the version without (B) is the old version produced from this year 2020-2022 . The NVR supplier contacted me and said that version (B) is a shortened version with less functions (very few people know this), when I asked them what versions (C) and (D) were like. What, they said that (C) (D) has the same full features as the version without (B) and they will report it to the RD department

Back