01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7616NXI-I2/S latest firmware check?

remeniz

Hi,

I'm new to Hikvision recorders, coming from Blue Iris.

Just would like to check that the NVR is on the latest version, and how to update. I see many firmwares out there and I don't know if I have a (B) or (C) version NVR. I dont want to brick a new machine.

I'm in the UK.

Model number - DS-7616NXI-I2 / S

Firmware - V4.62.210 build 230619

Thanks,

Hi,

Just would like to check that the NVR is on the latest version, and how to update. I see many firmwares out there and I don't know if I have a (B) or (C) version NVR. I dont want to brick a new machine.

I'm in the UK.

Thanks,
The easiest way is to find which of those firmware folders B or C revision contain your current version and build (as they rarely if ever match across hardware versions). However your firmware doesn't appear to be on the portal - there's no version that new.

It looks as though yours may be the (E) version and would use 4.62.325 build 230810. Go here https://www.hikvision.com/uk/support/download/firmware/ and search "7616NXI" and it's in that list.

Mmm,

I think I may have upgraded to this, V4.62.210 build 230619, firmware and its the incorrect firmware for the hardware.

Firmware 4.62.325 build 230810 should work from the current version, but all updates fail. On 3 different browsers.

Firefox and Chrome state - "Getting upgrading progress failed."

Edge in IE mode state "Upgrade package and device type mismatch. Check the device type of upgrade package"

Mmm,

I think I may have upgraded to this, V4.62.210 build 230619, firmware and its the incorrect firmware for the hardware.

Firmware 4.62.325 build 230810 should work from the current version, but all updates fail. On 3 different browsers.
Ensure you have unzipped the file. You should just have a file called "digicap.dav"

Also, Hikvision devices will not normally let you upload firmware for the wrong device.

Also, Hikvision devices will not normally let you upload firmware for the wrong device.

Thats good to know.

I just need to figure out the error messages I get when I try to upgrade.

EDIT: Tried in iVMS-4200, "Upgrade package and device type mismatch. Check the device type of upgrade package", is the error message I get.

Last edited:
Hi @remeniz

I've looked at the product page for this NVR on the Hikvision Global website and they show the latest firmware for the (C) model as v4.62.210

They then also have a separate tab for the (E) model and that shows the latest firmware as v4.62.325

So I think the v4.62.210 firmware you are currently running is the latest firmware for the (C) and because your NVR won't accept the (E) firmware I think that confirms your NVR is a (C) model.

Hi,

I'm in the UK.

Thanks,
Hi @remeniz

I've looked at the product page for this NVR on the Hikvision Global website and they show the latest firmware for the (C) model as v4.62.210

They then also have a separate tab for the (E) model and that shows the latest firmware as v4.62.325

So I think the v4.62.210 firmware you are currently running is the latest firmware for the (C) and because your NVR won't accept the (E) firmware I think that confirms your NVR is a (C) model.
Hi Dan
Hope you are well
I am having trouble upgrading to the Hikvision NVR DS-7732NXI-I4 / 16P/S. The current firmware version I have is V4.62.210 build 230619, Encoding Version V5.0 build 230530 but the latest version of the same model on the Hikvision uk website is Firmware_V5.01.060_240110.
When I try to upgrade the file with the file digicap.dav. I get the error message with the pop up Error Message 0x05242887. I checked there is only the E version to this model. I am struggling to upgrade the nvr to the latest version.
I would really appreciate your kind consideration and resolution to this
kind regards

Hi @JARMS

There are actually older (C) versions of the NVR that you have and so I think like the earlier user in this thread, you have a (C) model where the latest firmware is v4.62.210 and the v5 firmware you are trying to update to is only supported by the latest (E) models.

Hi @JARMS

There are actually older (C) versions of the NVR that you have and so I think like the earlier user in this thread, you have a (C) model where the latest firmware is v4.62.210 and the v5 firmware you are trying to update to is only supported by the latest (E) models.
have you got a link to v4.62.210 i can only find v4.62.205 on the hik portal for the (C) , its a bit of a con they are only making the (E) models compatible with v5

have you got a link to v4.62.210 i can only find v4.62.205 on the hik portal for the (C) , its a bit of a con they are only making the (E) models compatible with v5
It looks like there's a 4.62.215_230818 on the EU portal here:

its a bit of a con they are only making the (E) models compatible with v5
Agreed.

Last edited:
I saw that on the uk site but it’s only 9 mb and when you open the zip it the zip is corrupt… typical hikvision for half arsing and not checking their work ‍♂️
The version you want will probably be on the global site firmware section. However when I looked yesterday the links above the search box were missing for all IP cameras and NVRs. Searching a common model like 2347 returns nothing.

Back