01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Problem in sub Door Station in Hikvision 2 Wire IP Intercom With 2 Door Station and 2 Screen?

MAyyad

"Hi,

I'm encountering an issue with a 2-wire IP intercom system that includes two DS-KH6320-WTE2 (indoor screens) and two DS-KD8003 (door stations), all connected to a DS-Kad706 (distributor) using a single power supply rated at 24 volts and 2.5 amps.

The secondary door station works for a few minutes but then goes offline, despite having power. When I press the call button, it displays 'calling failed.' After disconnecting and reconnecting, it goes back online and functions properly for a short while before going offline again. Even though there's power supplied through the two wires, pressing the call button triggers the message 'calling failed.'

I've checked the cables, and this is a new system. Any suggestions on what steps I should take to resolve this issue? Thank you."

Any sub modules?
Think you need more KAD706.
Ch6 is 16W meant for outdoor station, ch1-5 are 6W.
An outdoor station is 4W more if you have sub modules so might be pushing it with 2 indoor stations.

The Problem Solved when I install a separate 12V power supply and connect it directly to outdoor unit

That's because you can put only one outdoor unit on DS-KAD706 ch6, like @bbmikeb said.

Is that Y series or old one?

Back