01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with Chrome browser since updating firmware DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S

Steve55

So have just updated firmware to V4.62.210 build 230612 for DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S.
It was a manual update using Chrome browser. After the update I can no longer access the NVR from Chrome but can from Edge browser.
Hik Connect app is still working fine.
Chrome is my preferred browser.
Any idea what has happened?

try Incognito browser in chrome

About the new update, I want to ask you, has the problem of delaying playing Playback recordings in Hik-Connect has been Fixed?

Same this problem

try Incognito browser in chrome

About the new update, I want to ask you, has the problem of delaying playing Playback recordings in Hik-Connect has been Fixed?

Same this problem
Yes it works in incognito window.??
I don't have a problem with delayed playback except with my 4K camera which always fails to play anything over a network. This I think is a bandwidth problem.

Yes it works in incognito window.??
I don't have a problem with delayed playback except with my 4K camera which always fails to play anything over a network. This I think is a bandwidth problem.
For me always, after completing update and on any browser, I cannot open the NVR page except in incognito mode, and after some time I can access it from the same browser from which I updated

Hi @Steve55 @Basim

This is likely a Cookie Cache issue, some times the browser is hanging onto cached data from the previous firmware version and that can cause issues.

If you click the padlock symbol at the left end of the Chrome address bar you should see an option for cookies where you can clear the cached data, after you've done that and refreshed the page you should be able to login without using incognito mode.

Hi @Steve55 @Basim

This is likely a Cookie Cache issue, some times the browser is hanging onto cached data from the previous firmware version and that can cause issues.

If you click the padlock symbol at the left end of the Chrome address bar you should see an option for cookies where you can clear the cached data, after you've done that and refreshed the page you should be able to login without using incognito mode.
I tried this already. I now have the warning triangle and "Not secure". There is no cookies or data for this site.

Hi @Steve55

Don't worry about the warning triangle, this is standard for most Hikvision products because by default they don't use a secure HTTPS web address. If the camera is not port forwarded and you have strong network security (firewall, security software, etc...) there is no problem with the link being "not secure".

After you have cleared the cache and refreshed the page do you now get a login page to access the device?

Still no login page.
Here are screenshots from Chrome and then Incognito mode Chrome.
The frrst says No sites allowed.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 115630.png

Screenshot 2023-06-30 115227.png

Okay,

very strange, we've not had any other reports of this in Chrome.

Do you have any add-on browser security features enabled? (e.g. VPN, ad blocker, etc...)

Okay,

very strange, we've not had any other reports of this in Chrome.

Do you have any add-on browser security features enabled? (e.g. VPN, ad blocker, etc...
Not as far as I am aware. I will just use Incognito mode for now.
I can't find any settings in Chrome to change this.
Thanks for your help.

Not as far as I am aware. I will just use Incognito mode for now.
I can't find any settings in Chrome to change this.
Thanks for your help.

I wrestled with this same problem, the solution for me was to go into chrome settings and under privacy to "Clear browsing data". For me "Browsing data", "Download history", "Cookies and other site data" & "Cached images and files" was pre-check-marked. I chose to clear these and the problem was gone. The Hikvision NVR login screen that didn't load showed up as usual. Hope this works for you Steve and anyone else with this problem.

I also had that issue when upgrading the firmware of my NVR. What solved it for me was to open that webpage, then click F12 (on windows, don't know how to do it on Mac) > Go to the network tab > you should a checkbox that says "Disable cache", check it then click the reload button on the top and that solved it.
After doing that, you won't have to do it again. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 90
I haven't used chrome for a while as I mainly use the app. Just checked and the problem now seems to be OK.
It is a mystery to me.

I also had that issue when upgrading the firmware of my NVR. What solved it for me was to open that webpage, then click F12 (on windows, don't know how to do it on Mac) > Go to the network tab > you should a checkbox that says "Disable cache", check it then click the reload button on the top and that solved it.
After doing that, you won't have to do it again. Hope that helps!
Thanks for this tip, this seem to have solved another small issue I have been having too with a message saying "Failed to stop playback...". Before I had to restart the whole computer to get rid of it and to continue watching playbacks, now I could just reload the webpage in chrome and it was gone!

Back