01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Problems with IVMS 4200 and the maximum 1024 cameras limit?

mbwinnipeg

Problems with the 1024 Camera limit.
I do you over 25 DVRs with a total of over 2000 cameras.

So, I am trying to divide them up into different configurations. but...
Problem 1)
I am hitting the camera limit with only 300 cameras in groups.
That counts towards the 1024 Camera limit.
- Does the device take up (for example 32 channels) 32 cameras and then If I have a group of all..., an additional 32 cameras? plus any other groups from the same device.
- Does it use Alarms or do other items go towards the limit?
- How do the Custom views affect the limit? (also does custom view have a limit itself and also add to the 1024 limit)
- All my DVRs are installed with an IP address. Is there a difference between IP and Hik-Connect devices in regards to the limit?

Problem 2)
This will be a headache to manage 2000 cameras like this on one computer
- are there other solutions?
- I have been exporting and importing small groups as I need them
- I might also install it on other computers and Remote into them as needed.
- Is there a way to run multiple IVMS on one computer? or start-up different configurations?

PS This problem seemed to turn up around 18 months ago, I installed up to 1024 cameras without a problem, but now it is hitting a 300-camera limit.
V3.10.1.7

Computer
Windows 10 Enterpirse
10.0.19045 Build 19045
x64
i3-4130 CPU 3.4
8 GB.

Any info will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 01-02-24 15-29-32.jpg
    01-02-24 15-29-32.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 169
Hi @mbwinnipeg

The free iVMS-4200 software is not really designed to manage systems of this size, we would recommend looking into paid-for VMS like Hikvision's own HikCentral Professional.

Problems with the 1024 Camera limit.
I do you over 25 DVRs with a total of over 2000 cameras.

So, I am trying to divide them up into different configurations. but...
Problem 1)
I am hitting the camera limit with only 300 cameras in groups.
That counts towards the 1024 Camera limit.
- Does the device take up (for example 32 channels) 32 cameras and then If I have a group of all..., an additional 32 cameras? plus any other groups from the same device.
- Does it use Alarms or do other items go towards the limit?
- How do the Custom views affect the limit? (also does custom view have a limit itself and also add to the 1024 limit)
- All my DVRs are installed with an IP address. Is there a difference between IP and Hik-Connect devices in regards to the limit?

Problem 2)
This will be a headache to manage 2000 cameras like this on one computer
- are there other solutions?
- I have been exporting and importing small groups as I need them
- I might also install it on other computers and Remote into them as needed.
- Is there a way to run multiple IVMS on one computer? or start-up different configurations?

PS This problem seemed to turn up around 18 months ago, I installed up to 1024 cameras without a problem, but now it is hitting a 300-camera limit.
V3.10.1.7

Computer
Windows 10 Enterpirse
10.0.19045 Build 19045
x64
i3-4130 CPU 3.4
8 GB.

Any info will be appreciated.
I would just add another desktop computer. But I would use at least an i7 otherwise it tends to lag.

I think I found a solution
You have to install 3.5.0.9. All version after this has a 256 camera limit. It works but I do have a too small buffer problem on some of the cameras. Not sure if the problems are related. Still working on the problem when I have time.

I think I found a solution
You have to install 3.5.0.9. All version after this has a 256 camera limit. It works but I do have a too small buffer problem on some of the cameras. Not sure if the problems are related. Still working on the problem when I have time.
Yeah, I have the same problem, how did you solve it?

install 3.5.0.9
I have been using it for 2 weeks and it seems ok. Probably have 500 camera on it.
Need at least 16GB of RAM.

Any version after that has a 256 camera limit.

I have a too small buffer error on one of my nvr’s sites. Might be a non related problem.

I don’t know if there is a long term solution. As it is the programmers that put the camera limit. Software is Probably unstable with lots of cameras.

If any programmers read this, I would love if there was an easy way to transfer for different groups on 256 camera. Before I found this solution, I have to backup and restore different setups. And restore the software. As there is a server running in the background. There might be a way of having different clients install on the same computer.

If you hear of any other solution. Please reply to this post. Very hard to find info. We are a small minority of people that have lots of cameras, but do not want to pay for the Hikvison's central licensing per camera.

install 3.5.0.9
I have been using it for 2 weeks and it sees ok. Probably have 500 camera on it.
Need at least 16 gb of ram.

Any version after that has a 256 camera limit.

I have a too small buffer error on one of my nvr’s sites. Might be a non related problem.

I don’t know if there is a long term solution. As it is the programmers that put the camera limit. Software is Probably unstable with lots of cameras.

If any programmers read this, I would love if there was an easy way to transfer for different groups on 256 camera. Before this found this solution, I have to backup and restore different setups. And restore the software. As there is a server running in the background. There might be a way of having different clients install on the same computer.

If you hear of any other solution. Please reply to this post. Very hard it find info. We are a small minority of people that have lots of cameras, but do not want to pay for the hikvisons central licensing per camera.
OK, I installed version 3.5.0.9 and it works.
I have nearly 2000 cameras and I don't want to license them.

Can we talk through a different program such as WhatsApp or Discord to talk more comfortably? if it suits you

Really intrigued to know what you are using 2,000 cameras for?

Back