01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems with Poe or Data over longer distances with Hikvision switches

JmonkGey

I have a recent problem with a Hikvision PoE switch DS-3E1105P-EI/M that needs to feed a IP Door Intercom with DS-KH6320-WTE1 as a touchpad. Over short distances (<2m) the switch feed the power and the touchscreen identifies the ringbell connected to the switch, meaning it finds it on the network. But when I installed it on site (cable from touchscreen to switch around 20 m) the touchscreen does not find the ringbell on the network, and it doesn't work. I have so far changed from cat 5e to 6 to see if the problem solves but so far no avail. The doorbell and touchscreen came as a package with the switch DS-3E0105P-E/M(B) as the default PoE switch, but it broke and the same model is not available any more. So my question is, could it be a damage on the screen that works fine over short distances but over longer it does not receive the data well enough?. Or could it be a problem with the switch?. Mind you, I have make the test of putting the doorbell over the cable with long distance and connected the touchscreen close to the switch and it works just fine.Any help available would be much appreciated.

I have a recent problem with a Hikvision PoE switch DS-3E1105P-EI/M that needs to feed a IP Door Intercom with DS-KH6320-WTE1 as a touchpad. Over short distances (<2m) the switch feed the power and the touchscreen identifies the ringbell connected to the switch, meaning it finds it on the network. But when I installed it on site (cable from touchscreen to switch around 20 m) the touchscreen does not find the ringbell on the network, and it doesn't work. I have so far changed from cat 5e to 6 to see if the problem solves but so far no avail. The doorbell and touchscreen came as a package with the switch DS-3E0105P-E/M(B) as the default PoE switch, but it broke and the same model is not available any more. So my question is, could it be a damage on the screen that works fine over short distances but over longer it does not receive the data well enough?. Or could it be a problem with the switch?. Mind you, I have make the test of putting the doorbell over the cable with long distance and connected the touchscreen close to the switch and it works just fine.Any help available would be much appreciated.
Have you tried it without using the uplink port (port 5)? I've known discovery for devices not to work sometimes when that's in use.

PoE should work up to 100m and with extended PoE+ feature up to 250m.

If your does not work on 20m cable, there's only 3 possible scenarios that comes to my mind.

1st : Cable malfunction / RJ45 malfunction
2nd: Switch malfunction
3rd: Switch got DIP switch on it which is labeled as Isolation Mode. If thats ON it will route traffic rom each PoE port only to uplink, but PoE ports wont be able to communicate between each other.

PoE should work up to 100m and with extended PoE+ feature up to 250m.

If your does not work on 20m cable, there's only 3 possible scenarios that comes to my mind.

1st : Cable malfunction / RJ45 malfunction
2nd: Switch malfunction
3rd: Switch got DIP switch on it which is labeled as Isolation Mode. If thats ON it will route traffic rom each PoE port only to uplink, but PoE ports wont be able to communicate between each other.
Thank you for your diagnosis. In the end, the problem was related to option 1: the guy who punched the cables did it incorrectly, so although there was PoE there was no communication available. I punched the cables correctly following the T-568B standard and everything worked like a charm.

Back