01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ IP Camera - How to configure it to be fixed in certain position ?

ahmedabdulla

Good Afternoon Colleagues
I hope you are doing well . One of our customers has old IP Cameras from a vendor that stop manufacturing IP Cameras. He has PTZ Camera.

As you know , PTZ camera is moving with configured speed to different presets . What is required is required is to configure the PTZ camera to be fixed on certain position/preset ?

In general , Is this applicable for PTZ cameras ?

Best Regards

It will depend on brand/model/software.

Many PTZ's have a 'Park' option after set time. So it might be preset 1 after the last movement happened 300 seconds ago.

If it's a well known brand someone might be able to help - otherwise you'll need to look in the available browser connection to see if you can find a 'park' option.

Good Cymruchris
Thx for your replay . What i understand that park is the waiting time before the camera resumes the scheduled task when it is interrupted by manual controls.

So what should be the park time i should set to prevent the PTZ camera from resume moving and force it to be fixed?

Best Regards

Hi @ahmedabdulla - what is the brand and model number of the camera, as these settings will vary with each camera?
The PTZs we've supplied normally stay in a fixed position as default until you manually move them.
To move automatically between presets, the camera will probably have needed something called 'patrol', 'scan' or 'pattern' enabled - maybe have a look for a setting called something like this and turn it off, which should keep it fixed.

Good Afternoon Kyle
Thx for your replay . Attached is snapshot of the manual of PTZ Camera related to our topic. The vendor is Messoa and the part number is SPD970.

Which setting should be done to make PTZ camera in a fixed position ?

Best Regards

Attachments

• PTZ_Setting.jpg
    PTZ_Setting.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 10
Hi Kyle
Thx for your feedback and trying to help . I will have a visit to my customer within 3 weeks . I will try this and will let you know.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards

Back