01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

QVIS. Falcon 8 Channel NVR with 2TB HDD

NickSM

Hi all,
Sorry to bothering your guys ,
I got some friend he have Falcon 8 Channel NVR with 2TB HDD,
He want to add another 4 camera , I never use befor this branch ,question is can we add 3 camera more with POE swich as same way we do on Hikvision branch ,
Or they have a limit , so cannot add more camera,
If can be a possible .. it is as same way with Hikvision system ? or different way ,
Or we buy the 16 channel NVR etc..

Please let me know .

Regards Nick

Hi @NickSM

The channel number is the maximum number of cameras the NVR will support. Your friend's 8-channel Falcon NVR will only support up to 8 cameras connected directly or remotely via a separate switch.

If you already have 8 cameras connected and need to add another 4 cameras then you will need to upgrade to a larger 16-channel NVR.

Hi @Dan ,

thanx a lot for quick repond ,

I am thinking to buy a Hikvision NVR 16 channels and buy 4 more ip camera hikvision and use the 8 off QVIS existing camera from 8-channel Falcon NVR ,but i am not sure if this camera can use ONVIF protocol so can be use on hikvision nvr etc , I am not sure ..if not i just stuck with Falcon nvr 16 channels and buy othe 4 off qvis camera .I havent use this branch before..

Please let me know ..

Regards Nick

Last edited:
Hi @NickSM

We have no experience with QVIS cameras and I can't see any specs online that say they are ONVIF compliant.

I could only recommend that you purchase the 16-channel NVR and try the QVIS cameras out on it, if they don't work then you may have to replace them with more Hikvision cameras.

Back