01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Recommended NVR

whiteduck22

Hello,

'Hope you are all well.

I have a Hikvision/Hilook NVR-108MH-D / 8P NVR, three Hilook cameras and a stand alone Reolink camera but am looking to get a better NVR with a modern interface, better motion detection and better browser support. I've found the NVR has missed critical footage (10 seconds or so) in the past - not clear why.

Budget is £250-300 excluding HDD - do you have any recommendations, or can I run 3rd party firmware on the above or should I run my own on a Linux machine with NVR software?

Many thanks
Ian

When the NVR is connected to a direct HDMI/VGA monitor you can access some information like the power consumption of each port, but probably not the same level of information & configuration that you would get with a separate Smart Managed PoE Switch.

Phrased differently, would this functionality in iVMS work?

CleanShot 2022-10-18 at 4.44.24.jpg

Hi @Thor

We weren't even really aware of this Topology feature in iVMS, just looking at it now it does not look like it is possible to add NVRs to the Topology so I don't think a PoE NVR would display the same as your above Smart Switch example.

Thanks Dan. Bit fed up with Hikvision's lack of browser support. Would you recommend the Vivotek ND9213P and connect to the legacy cameras with ONVIF?

Yes, the Vivotek browser solution is a lot better than what Hikvision currently offer (see this guide to the new browser UI), it is not perfect and still has some issues but it is continually being updated and is much closer to being a complete browser solution than Hikvision.

Back