01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Record rule info to NVR stream?

Ray Arts

Hi all, using DS-7808NI-I2 and colorvu camera's G5

Can I record the rule information to the NVR so I can see the rules that I have set for my events while playing the stream?
I know this can be done for the Live View settings but I would like to capture this to the NVR.

Anybody knows?

Not as far as I'm aware.
I've only ever seen them as an aid to setup, in the LIVE view.

Hi Ray Arts

You can see this VCA, which is already recorded, on iVMS4200 playback if you enable in Settings -Image - Enable Highlight, VCA Rule, Display Target's Pattern.

You can also see this in HikConnect if you enable Me - Settings - Display VCA Rule, Highlight Moving Objects. There is an issue here for Android, can't say about IOS, that during Playback, if you move the slider on timeline, then all VCA info is lost. If you select Event(red) or Person(green) or Vehicle(yellow) then VCA reappears. Or deselect previous red green yellow....
Same when selecting camera - Event Messages then the clips have all VCA as long as you don't move the playback red slider.
On the other hand, on HikConnect, if you go through Notifications then there are no VCA at all.

The problem with the NVRs, mine too, a NXI-K, although they have the option to select or deselect VCA on Playback, there is no VCA info at all.

They must fix both, the NVRs and HikConnect

Hi Ray Arts

You can see this VCA, which is already recorded, on iVMS4200 playback if you enable in Settings -Image - Enable Highlight, VCA Rule, Display Target's Pattern.

You can also see this in HikConnect if you enable Me - Settings - Display VCA Rule, Highlight Moving Objects. There is an issue here for Android, can't say about IOS, that during Playback, if you move the slider on timeline, then all VCA info is lost. If you select Event(red) or Person(green) or Vehicle(yellow) then VCA reappears. Or deselect previous red green yellow....
Same when selecting camera - Event Messages then the clips have all VCA as long as you don't move the playback red slider.
On the other hand, on HikConnect, if you go through Notifications then there are no VCA at all.

The problem with the NVRs, mine too, a NXI-K, although they have the option to select or deselect VCA on Playback, there is no VCA info at all.

They must fix both, the NVRs and HikConnect

Would that be "Display targets pattern" in the following section? I don't know what is the difference? Hikvision logic?
1725357468204.png

No it's the Rule information. I think these settings concern only Browsers Live View and Playback. Not iVMS and not NVRs. The Rule information above for example does not affect iVMS or NVR.
And yes they have a very different way of logic and thinking which sometimes drives us all crazy. Unfortunately this is never going to change because there is always an explanation by their side.

When going into the settings of my colorvu G5, the option is there to record rules to the capture. I tested it and it does show rules, but only on the local SSD streams...

Schermafbeelding.jpg

The Local settings concern or at least concerned back on v5.7.15 and before only Browsers playback. I cannot have an opinion about v5.7.17 since I do not use this and will not use if compatibility for VCA records is not fixed.
As you can see below, those settings are disabled for my Hybrid ColorVU, but Rules playback info is OK in iVMS4200 and partially on HikConnect..

Attachments

• LocalSettings.png
    LocalSettings.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 25
Back