01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting up motion detection and email notification?

cga

My camera DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL

My camera is connected to the NVR
Where do I set the motion detection, in the camera or NVR?

I can see motion detection set up is in both, NVR and the Camera, I configured motion detection in both the same, in the camera and NVR, I got the motion to work and send me notification emails but I coulnd't get the link methode flashing light to work only at night

I disabled the motion detection in the NVR and configuered in the camera and I got the flashing light working at night but the email is not working, I'm getting "The network gateway is not configured, and this may cause the failure of email sending."

Try configure the Gateway and I noticed I have a different IP address range than the NVR,
In the Camera IPv4 Address 192.168.254.2 but my camera IP address is http://192.168.50.39/ so I don't know where this IP is coming from and when I click on Test I get The address is not used.

This IP address 192.168.254.2 is the one showing in the NVR for Flashing alarm light output

If I set IPv4 Default Gateway to NVR IPv4 Default Gateway 192.168.50.1 and reboot it doesn't take it, should I change NIC Type to DHCP for the camera as in the NVR?

Attachments

• Camerta.PNG
    Camerta.PNG
    28.6 KB · Views: 80
  • NVR.PNG
    NVR.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Flashing light.PNG
    Flashing light.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 87
Hi @cga

Can you please confirm what NVR model you have?

Can you please confirm the firmware currently being used by both the NVR and the camera?

Back