Hi - I have a ds-2cd2387g2h-liu/sl (4.0mm) running v5.7.18 240826

Day/night is setup as follows

- day/night switch = Auto
- sensitivity = 4
- filtering time = 5
- smart supplement light = on
- supplement light mode = smart
- light brightness control = auto

With all the backlight settings OFF the picture is really dark (exposure is 1/25).

I thought with the light brightness control set to auto the sliders for the IR and Light were redundant, however, if I slide the IR slider to 0 the B&W picture gets brighter - once the slider goes past 10 it goes really dark again.

If I switch on WDR then I get the best IR picture but something doesn't seem right with the IR / settings at the moment - any comments as always greatly appreciated.

Hi - I have a ds-2cd2387g2h-liu/sl (4.0mm) running v5.7.18 240826

Day/night is setup as follows

- day/night switch = Auto
- sensitivity = 4
- filtering time = 5
- smart supplement light = on
- supplement light mode = smart
- light brightness control = auto

With all the backlight settings OFF the picture is really dark (exposure is 1/25).

I thought with the light brightness control set to auto the sliders for the IR and Light were redundant, however, if I slide the IR slider to 0 the B&W picture gets brighter - once the slider goes past 10 it goes really dark again.

If I switch on WDR then I get the best IR picture but something doesn't seem right with the IR / settings at the moment - any comments as always greatly appreciated.
It can be confusing but turn OFF the Smart Supplement light. That doesn’t disable the light, it reduces its brightness if there’s an object in front of the camera. The idea is that it prevents overexposure of that object to avoid detail being lost. The reality is that depending on the cameras view it can kick in when not required/wanted and darken the image.

It can be confusing but turn OFF the Smart Supplement light. That doesn’t disable the light, it reduces its brightness if there’s an object in front of the camera. The idea is that it prevents overexposure of that object to avoid detail being lost. The reality is that depending on the cameras view it can kick in when not required/wanted and darken the image.
Thanks - I'll give it a try - the camera is high up covering side of house so there shouldnt be any objects directly in front but will see how it behaves.

Thanks - I'll give it a try - the camera is high up covering side of house so there shouldnt be any objects directly in front but will see how it behaves.
I always leave 'Smart Supplement Light' set to off as I've found it of limited use. It certainly should be off where your camera is high up used as a wide angle overview camera. If you had a camera low down adjacent a door then arguably it might be useful there, as a visitor waiting at the door would be stood directly in front of the camera and the feature would lower the light level so that the face would be exposed correctly.

I always leave 'Smart Supplement Light' set to off as I've found it of limited use. It certainly should be off where your camera is high up used as a wide angle overview camera. If you had a camera low down adjacent a door then arguably it might be useful there, as a visitor waiting at the door would be stood directly in front of the camera and the feature would lower the light level so that the face would be exposed correctly.
Cheers - I've set it OFF and will test it. The behaviour I am looking for is.... Switches to IR at night (which it does), decent B&W picture (only get this with WDR = ON), upon activity detection camera switches to colourvu and the light comes on (doesnt make a huge difference to lighting as high up but its a deterrent). I have instances where upon activity it flips between IR and colorvu every second or so - this seems to be something thats started recently.

Back