01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hybrid Smart Events - No "white light" option in smart event?

Dave Howard

Smart Events for hybrid camera do not have "white light" as linkage method in the event. Any reasons?

Camera is DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU with FW 5.7.14 Build 230504
NVR is DS-7608NI-M2 / 8P with FW 4.63.020

Smart event setting at NVR (via browser) and direct to camera do not show linkage method so that white light comes on when event triggered.

Couple of snips from settings attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks squad

Attachments

• HIK Hybrid Image Settings.png
    HIK Hybrid Image Settings.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 28
  • HIK Hybird Smart Event Linkage.png
    HIK Hybird Smart Event Linkage.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 26
Smart Events for hybrid camera do not have "white light" as linkage method in the event. Any reasons?

Camera is DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU with FW 5.7.14 Build 230504
NVR is DS-7608NI-M2 / 8P with FW 4.63.020

Smart event setting at NVR (via browser) and direct to camera do not show linkage method so that white light comes on when event triggered.

Couple of snips from settings attached.

Any ideas?

Thanks squad
They don't have or need that feature. With supplement light in Smart mode (rather than IR or colour), the camera switches from black and white into colour when an event is detected (the white light will come on for the duration of the event). You already have that camera setup in smart mode. The only downside if you're used to having the white light as an action, is that you could've had it on for one event and off for another. With Smart mode it's global so any Human/Vehicle event will trigger it. I would very much doubt Hikvision would add that feature to the Hybrid models.

FYI 5.7.15 is available for that camera (you're on the first of three versions of 5.7.14 so are 3 versions behind the current release)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They don't have or need that feature. With supplement light in Smart mode (rather than IR or colour), the camera switches from black and white into colour when an event is detected (the white light will come on for the duration of the event). You already have that camera setup in smart mode. The only downside if you're used to having the white light as an action, is that you could've had it on for one event and off for another. With Smart mode it's global so any Human/Vehicle event will trigger it. I would very much doubt Hikvision would add that feature to the Hybrid models.

FYI 5.7.15 is available for that camera (you're on the first of three versions of 5.7.14 so are 3 versions behind the current release)
Thank you @JB1970 will update the firmware.

With intrusion detection set there is no white light action when human/vehicle entering area though unfortunately.
This is a vertical area (around large gates) rather than being on a more horizontal axis. I’m therefore wondering if a more simple line based smart event would allow event to be more easily spotted and trigger white light. What do you reckon?

Upvote 0
Thank you @JB1970 will update the firmware.

With intrusion detection set there is no white light action when human/vehicle entering area though unfortunately.
This is a vertical area (around large gates) rather than being on a more horizontal axis. I’m therefore wondering if a more simple line based smart event would allow event to be more easily spotted and trigger white light. What do you reckon?
I've not thoroughly tested it, but when the Hybrid models were released, initially, the Hikvision information said that in Hybrid mode perimeter events would trigger the white light. I've since found that any Human/Vehicle motion will trigger it, including normal motion detection.

Your screenshot showed the camera in Smart mode, so I guess my question would be, what state was the camera in when the intrusion was triggered? If the light level was low enough for it to be in monochrome with IR, then I'd expect it to switch to colour with white light visible. However if there's enough ambient light at the time of trigger that the camera is already in colour, then perhaps the white light won't activate (as the camera determines it's unneeded to aid correct exposure). If your camera has enough light to be in colour on a night, I'd speed up the exposure time a stop or two to ensure it switches to black and white in darkness (so that when it switches to colour, the camera determines the white LED is needed). Unlike the 'white light on event' action, it won't illuminate when not needed during daylight.

Upvote 0
Back