01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Announces New ColorVu Cameras with Smart Hybrid Light Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last couple of weeks, you may have seen a couple of threads here at the forum discussing new Hybrid Light cameras from Hikvision. The information we had on these cameras initially was quite vague but with the help of Hikvision Support we now have a bit of a better understanding of this new range, below is an explanation of the features supported by these new cameras.

Smart Hybrid Light

The main unique feature of this new range of cameras is the Smart Hybrid Light Technology, previously with the AcuSense & ColorVu range you had the choice of either IR LEDs for Black & White images at night or White Light LEDs for Colour images at night. This new technology allows these new models to use both IR & White Light LEDs to achieve 3 different night modes:

IR Mode - In this mode, the camera simply operates like a standard AcuSense camera with the IR LEDs coming on when it is dark enough and staying on all night to capture a black & white image.

Smart Mode - This is the special mode, when configured in smart mode the camera uses both IR & White Light LEDs. This mode works in conjunction with having a smart event set so that when there is no activity in the event area the camera will stay in IR/B&W mode, then when something does trigger the event the camera will switch to White Light/Colour mode, and finally when the event is over the camera switches back to IR mode.

White Light Mode (default mode) - In this mode, the camera works like a standard ColorVu model with the White Light LED coming on when it is dark enough (we don't currently know whether this mode on these new models will support the "white light on event" feature that is available from some of the current ColorVu models).

What is the advantage of using Hybrid Light?

The technical advantage of the Smart Mode is that it should reduce bandwidth & storage usage because capturing all the colour detail in the Colour Mode uses much more data/storage than the grey scale of the IR mode, so by using this mode you should get the detail & clarity of the colour mode without it using as much bandwidth & storage.

The other practical advantage of the Smart Mode is that it should allow users with very dark scenes (e.g. no ambient street or security lights) to utilise the ColorVu Technology. previously, we had not recommended using ColorVu cameras in very dark scenes because even with the camera's advanced sensor & lens the image will still be very dark without using the camera's white light all the time. Also, for some residential/small business users having the white light on all the time is going to be impractical.

With the Smart Mode, you can pick up details in the scene that don't trigger the smart event because the camera stays in the very clear B&W IR mode, whilst also still being able to pick up good colour detail when the smart event is triggered (and the white light only stays on as long as the event is triggered).

Super Confocal Technology

Alongside the Hybrid Light feature, there is another hardware improvement to these new cameras that helps maintain the image quality & focus when switching between IR & Colour modes, this improvement is called Super Confocal Technology. Super Confocal means the cameras are upgraded with a Low Dispersion Lens which reduces the separation that happens when different light wavelengths pass through the camera's lens, see the below diagram:
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.23.37.png
What this means is that when the camera's infrared light passes through the lens it can disperse/refract at a different angle to the visible light and this can cause the IR/B&W image at night to look out of focus. By introducing the Low Dispersion Lens Hikvision has reduced this issue and so the focus shouldn't change as much when switching between colour & IR modes.

Available Models

Below are the first wave of ColorVu Hybrid Light models that Hikvision has announced (we will add product page hyperlinks when pages are created & stock is available)

H = Hybrid Light

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.14.18.png
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.14.32.png

DS-2CD20x7G2H-LIUaaaaaaaaaaDS-2CD2Tx7G2H-LI

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.21.24.png
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.21.50.png

DS-2CD23x7G2H-LIUaaaaaaaaaDS-2CD27x7G2HT-LIZS

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 13.25.09.png

DS-2CD26x7G2HT-LIZS

FYI - we have ordered a small initial stock order of the above 2087G2 & 2387G2 models in both focal lengths, this stock should hopefully be arriving at the end of May. We expect Hikvision's European and UK warehouses to build their stocks from June onwards (05/05/23)

**STOCK UPDATE**

We have had an update this afternoon that the stock for our order of these new Hybrid Light cameras is currently being manufactured and so this might delay the arrival of this stock by 3-5 weeks.

Hopefully, the cameras will be available by Late June/Early July.

be interested to hear about the varifocal ones, I have a 4mp DS-2CD2647G2T-LZS and the zoom isn't like any other 2.8-12mm bullets I have, its more like 3.6-9mm

What exactly is the difference between the Bullet Cams?
I checked the technical details and I noticed just a camera size difference but nothing else. (I just need 2.8 and 4mm)
Can you please explain?

Thank you

Hi @memme

The difference between the bullet models is the same as all Hikvision bullet models, the mini bullet has a shorter supplement light (IR & White light) range than the large bullet.

In this case, the DS-2CD20x7G2H-LIU has a 40m IR & White light range and the DS-2CD2Tx7G2H-LI has a 60m IR & White light range.

ahh, thanks. So for shorter range I take the Mini Bullet because its cheaper?
Is there a shop to see the prices, can't find one online.
Thanks

Hi @memme

Yes, if the area you need to cover is not greater than 35-40m then you can use the Mini Bullet. Links to our product pages for these are below:

DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU 8MP Mini-Bullet Hybrid Light Camera
DS-2CD2T87G2H-LI 8MP Fixed Bullet Hybrid Light Camera

If you create an account at our webshop you can view the prices for these models & you can also click the "Notify me when this product is in stock" link to be notified when we mark these new models in stock.

(FYI - prices might not be showing straight away as some adjustments are being made to the product pages, but they should be visible shortly)

Ok, I created an Account. Can I get the non Vat prices via a Company Registered in Germany? Or do I need to order as private Person?

When do you have them in stock?

Hi @memme

Apologies if you couldn't see the prices at first, as stated above we were making some changes to the webshop. The prices should now be visible when you log in.

The Stock Update posted earlier in this thread said we were expecting stock in late June/early July, we chased for an update on lead time last week and still haven't got anything concrete which would suggest we are now sliding towards stock arriving in July.

Also, at the very bottom of the original post in this thread, you will see bold text that makes it clear that we have only initially ordered a small amount of stock of the 2087G2H and 2387G2H models, these will be the models arriving in July and all the other models (including the 2T87G2H) will likely have a longer lead time.

As mentioned earlier, we would recommend clicking the "Notify me when this product is in stock" link if you are interested in buying a 2087G2H model because there is lots of interest and the limited stock will likely go quite quickly.

@Dan
Are these the Global Version of the Cams or the China Version?
Is there any difference between them?
Or are all China versions automatically considered global versions?
Can the China version cams be updated with EU firmware?

Hi @memme

Our stock is all authorised UK stock, none of it would be classed as Global or China stock.

Our UK stock will support all the features/specs shown on the product pages/datasheets, if there are any spec differences they are very subtle and to with regional requirements.

Chinese 'grey' import stock does not support UK/EU firmware which is why we always recommend customers buy Hikvision from recognised authorised sellers like ourselves because our stock will always be authorised UK/EU stock that support UK/EU firmware.

Correct, the firmware downloaded from the UK/EU portals or the UK/EU Hikvision websites will be a multilanguage firmware that can be used by both UK & EU customers.

My China contacts does only offer a China Version, so when I flash this firmware it should work with the APP in EU, right?

We can't say for sure, from our experience Chinese cameras will not accept UK/EU firmware at all and if you do manage to force the firmware onto the cameras you might find compatibility glitches and strange behaviour because the Chinese hardware was never designed for that firmware.

But how can you offer EU versions , when even the chinese or hikvision itself does not sell/offer these cams. I am confused

Hi @memme

I don't understand what you mean, these models are now on the Hikvision UK website and UK stock has just started to arrive with the Hikvision UK/EU warehouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back