01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New Smart Hybrid Light Cameras Announced

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
The smart hybrid (dual light ColorVu and IR) cameras have now been announced. The first two products (8MP bullet and 8MP turret) have product pages on the Hikvision UK website. There's are a few articles online regarding the announcement such as this one - Hikvision unveils ColorVu tech with low-light imaging

They've added 'Super Confocal Technology' to prevent focus shift between IR and Colour mode. The camera can operate in standard Colour/Mono (day/night) mode, ColorVu mode or be driven by perimeter events (Daytime colour, night time mono with IR, auto switch to ColorVu on event)

The product page for the turret - DS-2CD2387G2H-LI(U) is linked below (they use the same G5 platform firmware and have different model numbers to those listed in the previous firmware release notes). Specs show a couple of differences to the ColorVu model. Illumination distance shows an increase from 30 to 40 metres. Additionally the new model can take a micro SD card up to 512 GB (up from 256 GB)

I wonder when stock will arrive in the UK....

Last edited:
Thanks. There is also the mini bullet DS-2CD2087G2H-LI(U).

Hi @JB1970 & @dazulrich

Thanks for pointing out these product pages, but I will highlight that both the links above actually go to product pages on the Hikvision Global site (see the regional icon at the top right of Hik website) and when you search for these model numbers on the UK site there are no product pages.

This means the products have been announced by Hikvision HQ but will still likely take a few months to filter down to the UK/EU market, we will keep an eye out for any stock being announced in the UK.

Hi @JB1970 & @dazulrich

Thanks for pointing out these product pages, but I will highlight that both the links above actually go to product pages on the Hikvision Global site (see the regional icon at the top right of Hik website) and when you search for these model numbers on the UK site there are no product pages.

This means the products have been announced by Hikvision HQ but will still likely take a few months to filter down to the UK/EU market, we will keep an eye out for any stock being announced in the UK.
Aww poo! I'm not sure how that happened as I went through a myriad of links that started out on the UK page

Reactions: Dan
Hikvision need to keep up, Dahua have had dual illumination cameras available for over a year and a half!

I've never really looked at Dahua products - I do prefer to stick with one brand and Dahua don't seem to have the same availability as Hikvision. The Hikvision models come out in the US at some point in May.

UPDATE - Just wanted to let everyone know that we have now had confirmation of the price for these new Hybrid Light cameras and have placed a small stock order of the below models:

Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU(2.8mm)
Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU(4mm)
Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU(2.8mm)
Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU(4mm)

This stock should arrive in late May, we will update this thread again when the stock has arrived.

Back