01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Pro Series with Smart Hybrid Light - Review and First impressions

I've asked our team to make fresh enquiries, to see whether these models WILL be fetched to the UK ... :/
@Phil - I've had another look with a side by side compare of the Data sheets - a Hybrid DS-2CD2387G2H-IU and a new Darkfighter DS-2CD2386G2H-IU. I've changed my mind again....

The specs are identical apart from:

1 - The Hybrid model has white light and IR obviously
2 - The Hybrid model has 130dB WDR as opposed to 120DB on the Darkfighter
3 - Supplemental light range on the Hybrid is 40m, Darkfighter is 30m

In every other respect they're identical. Perhaps the G2H Darkfighter is unneeded in the UK and using the Hybrid camera in normal mode (rather than ColorVu or Smart) will give exactly the same image.

just posting a night video of PCI-T18F6S and DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS (not sure what would be the equivalent around you)

first half is PCI-T18F6S
second half is DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS

4k recording, 15 fps

keep in mind that to cut the video i did post processing and youtube did it own post processing, it's not the original video

there is two layer of video quality downgrade

just posting a night video of PCI-T18F6S and DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS (not sure what would be the equivalent around you)

first half is PCI-T18F6S
second half is DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS

4k recording, 15 fps

keep in mind that to cut the video i did post processing and youtube did it own post processing, it's not the original video

there is two layer of video quality downgrade

The second one (3688G2T) we don’t have here in UK. When we first started talking about the Hybrid light models, it was that model - 3xx8G2T-LIZS that was seen in the firmware release notes indicating its imminent arrival, but it was confirmed we won’t get that model. Being a 3 line camera, that’s considered an ‘ultra’ as opposed to the 2 line ‘pro’ series. The nearest we have will be the model mentioned (2387G2H-LIU), I’ll have to cop a look at the data sheet for yours to compare specs.

I have an older 2386G2 Darkfighter which I’m going to replace with the Hybrid model over the coming days. I’ve no intention of using the smart hybrid light mode on that one; I’m more wanting to compare its nighttime mono mode performance against the Darkfighter in similar (zero) ambient light.

if interested, here is the settings for both

Attachments

• DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS.png
    DS-2CD3688G2T-LIZS.png
    121 KB · Views: 126
  • PCI-T18F6S.png
    PCI-T18F6S.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 118
@JB1970, Sorry to ask question , i changed my line cross area in NVR, and when come to mobile app , it comes up video notification " no video in the selected range" not sure what`s going on? other areas setting remain unchanged.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpeg
    IMG_0081.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 18
@JB1970, Sorry to ask question , i changed my line cross area in NVR, and when come to mobile app , it comes up video notification " no video in the selected range" not sure what`s going on? other areas setting remain unchanged.

thanks
is there anyone experiencing same issue?

thanks
Your photo is cropped so I can’t see where you are in the Hik-Connect app. The error means there is no matching event at that time. For instance in normal playback if I select a day then click ‘Vehicle’ I might see that (as I don’t use the Vehicle option in my setup). You may also see it if a video clip from an event has not yet been uploaded to Hik-Connect.

Your photo is cropped so I can’t see where you are in the Hik-Connect app. The error means there is no matching event at that time. For instance in normal playback if I select a day then click ‘Vehicle’ I might see that (as I don’t use the Vehicle option in my setup). You may also see it if a video clip from an event has not yet been uploaded to Hik-Connect.
the photo is under notification then click the video clip, each time when click into it , it says "no video in the selected range " &" no video exists during the time period" regardless how i refresh. any idea where i can check and fix it . tnx

the photo is under notification then click the video clip, each time when click into it , it says "no video in the selected range " &" no video exists during the time period" regardless how i refresh. any idea where i can check and fix it . tnx
under the linkage action , i tick" notify surveillance center" " alarm output linkage" and specific camera.

I've not seen that before. Try the usual - log out of Hik-Connect in the app and fully close it before reopening it and logging in again. Disable and re-enable Hik-Connect on the NVR. Also ensure that your NVR and cameras times are synchronised.

I've not seen that before. Try the usual - log out of Hik-Connect in the app and fully close it before reopening it and logging in again. Disable and re-enable Hik-Connect on the NVR. Also ensure that your NVR and cameras times are synchronised.
thanks. another issue is " no link" appears on the monitor very often , it shows " no link", a few seconds then goes back to normal image. i checked the settings couldn`t figure out what`s going on , it didn`t have this issue before when i initially installed hilook camera.

thanks. another issue is " no link" appears on the monitor very often , it shows " no link", a few seconds then goes back to normal image. i checked the settings couldn`t figure out what`s going on , it didn`t have this issue before when i initial installed hilook camera.
Is the camera connected to an NVR or is it standalone on your network? Either way 'no link' is indicative of a network connection problem.

Camera connected to NVR, this issue didn`t appear before , but after i change cameras line crossing areas , it appears. any suggestion where i should look into? tnx

Camera connected to NVR, this issue didn`t appear before , but after i change cameras line crossing areas , it appears. any suggestion where i should look into? tnx
Altering line crossing shouldn't cause a connection issue, but you could prove it by temporarily turning off line crossing. If the issue continues it's nothing to do with line crossing. The only thing to check that would be in the settings that Main Stream (normal) and Main Stream (event) are set identically. Having them set with different frame rate or bit rate is known to cause problems.

thanks , i have 2 cameras cross monitor front yard, one is checking left side , another is for right side , both have overlap areas , i now update one of them "normal event" to certain area to avoid too much overlapping monitoring.

Back