Another day, another bug - Hik-Connect Supplement Light

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Another bug. I'm unable to determine whether the bug is with:
  • Hik-Connect 6.2.18.20240229.2
  • G5 firmware 5.7.14_build231213
  • M series firmware 5.02.000_build240229
The bug regards control of the Hybrid Light Cameras mode in Hik-Connect. After clicking the icon for 'Compensation Light Configuration' in Hik-Connect, firstly the app fails to retrieve the status of smart light compensation and shows it as off. Turning the switch on results in 'Configuration Failed'. With the screen populated, changing the mode (Colourful, Night Vision, Black & White Night Vision, Smart Light Compensation) or adjusting any level result in 'Configuration Failed'

I'll have to wait until it's dark to ascertain whether the modes can be switched. I'd be interested to know whether others with the latest version of Hik-Connect and Hybrid cameras have the same issue and what NVR plus firmware it's on.

I've logged out and closed Hik-Connect and done a full power down and reboot of the NVR and cameras to rule out some random glitch.

Edit: App updated to 6.2.20 and issue remains. Rolled camera back to the previous build of 5.7.14 - same.

Last edited:
Hi @JB1970

I am able to use the 'Compensation Light Configuration without issue. I'm using a different series NVR so whether that might be an issue i'm not sure. I can confirm firmware version tonight if that helps?
  • DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU (I believe that it is on latest firmware)
  • DS-7608NXI-K2/8P (I believe that it is on latest firmware)

Hi @JB1970

I am able to use the 'Compensation Light Configuration without issue. I'm using a different series NVR so whether that might be an issue i'm not sure. I can confirm firmware version tonight if that helps?
  • DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU (I believe that it is on latest firmware)
  • DS-7608NXI-K2/8P (I believe that it is on latest firmware)
Thanks @Whisky. It could well be another bug with the M Series NVR

Thanks both, I'll pass this info onto Hikvision now and test with our hybrid light camera on various NVRs when we get the chance.

Thanks both, I'll pass this info onto Hikvision now and test with our hybrid light camera on various NVRs when we get the chance.
Thanks @Kyle - it's not clear where the issue lies. It doesn't appear to be the camera itself as I rolled back one version. Once I click this icon on any of (3) 2387G2H-LIU cameras:
Smart light.jpeg

Clicking any option gives me 'Configuration Failed':
Smart Light Fail.jpeg

I checked last night and it wasn't possible to alter the setting using Hik-Connect. Clicking the 'Defog' icon to the right has the same effect. It seems to save the setting fine when adjusted on the local UI in Device Access > Device Configuration > Device Parameter > Display Settings.

Thanks - I'm getting our M-Series and Hybrid Light camera set up now to show the problem and will give my Hik-Connect login for UK Support to look at.
Is your camera set up as Plug & Play, or connected via a separate POE switch?

Thanks - I'm getting our M-Series and Hybrid Light camera set up now to show the problem and will give my Hik-Connect login for UK Support to look at.
Is your camera set up as Plug & Play, or connected via a separate POE switch?
My cameras on channels 1, 6 & 9 are all connected to the PoE ports of the NVR. Camera 6 is plug and play; cameras 1 and 9 are configured manually with a 192.168.254.xxx range address (the problem affects all of them regardless)

I'm seeing the 'configuration failed' error on the camera via plug and play and connected across the network too.
I've also added the camera separately to Hik-Connect, and it works normally there.
So, all fingers are pointing to the new M-Series firmware or how it works with the latest app update...

I am able to use the 'Compensation Light Configuration without issue
Same for me @JB1970
Turning the switch on results in ....... Loaded->Completed
Setting performed by NVR.
Did not check camera itself
  • Hik-Connect 6.2.18.0229 Samsung S Android 14
  • DS-2CD2047G2H-LIU __ V5.7.14build 231213
  • DS-7608NXI-K2 __ V4.82.000build 240224

I'm seeing the 'configuration failed' error on the camera via plug and play and connected across the network too.
I've also added the camera separately to Hik-Connect, and it works normally there.
So, all fingers are pointing to the new M-Series firmware or how it works with the latest app update...
Thanks for confirming it's not just me @Kyle. This V5 UI is turning out to be Hikvision's equivalent to Windows Vista (that's probably a bit before your time but @Phil will remember!)

Last edited:
Oh I remember Vista and get the reference, I was a young teen!
I've given Hikvision my login details, so I'll come back with an update once they've looked.

Crikey! Vista. Makes me shudder.

Just to confirm.
  • Hik-Connect 6.2.18.0229
  • DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU - V5.7.14 build 231028
  • DS-7608NXI-K2 - V4.82.000 build 240224

Sorry for the delay all, our rep in Hikvision UK Support changed so I had to raise this again.

They've agreed that it is a bug and have passed it over to the R&D team.

I've been told that there will be a fix release soon, either via new V5 NVR firmware or a Hik-Connect update - I'll come back to confirm when that's out, unless one of you beat me to it!

Back