01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2547G2-LS - White light activating auto-drops gain, picture too dark?

lecce

Hi all, early poster here, thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

I recently replaced a DS-2CD2546G2 (Acusense) with the 2547G2 (ColorVu). The front of my house receive good light from a night-time light fixture, plus street lighting. The 46G2 has a 1/3" sensor vs the 1/1.8" in the 47G2 and I was getting motion smearing at night time so hoped the much larger sensor would help (it is so far).

One experiment I'm trying is having the camera also activating the white supplement light when it detects motions nearby, to try and add extra illumination.

My problem is that when the camera detects motion and the white lights activate, it looks like the camera simultaneously either drops the gain or increases the shutter speed because the exposure drops very rapidly. This makes the image significantly darker and completely offsets the benefit of the white light turning on in the first place. Even if I leave the white light set to stay on for 30s after detecting motion, it still doesn't adjust the exposure back up.

I can't see any obvious setting that controls this - any tips?

I've uploaded a short video here that shows the problem: Watch front_porch2_2024_03_11_19_04__2024_03_11_19_05 | Streamable

Hi all, early poster here, thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

I recently replaced a DS-2CD2546G2 (Acusense) with the 2547G2 (ColorVu). The front of my house receive good light from a night-time light fixture, plus street lighting. The 46G2 has a 1/3" sensor vs the 1/1.8" in the 47G2 and I was getting motion smearing at night time so hoped the much larger sensor would help (it is so far).

One experiment I'm trying is having the camera also activating the white supplement light when it detects motions nearby, to try and add extra illumination.

My problem is that when the camera detects motion and the white lights activate, it looks like the camera simultaneously either drops the gain or increases the shutter speed because the exposure drops very rapidly. This makes the image significantly darker and completely offsets the benefit of the white light turning on in the first place. Even if I leave the white light set to stay on for 30s after detecting motion, it still doesn't adjust the exposure back up.

I can't see any obvious setting that controls this - any tips?

I've uploaded a short video here that shows the problem: Watch front_porch2_2024_03_11_19_04__2024_03_11_19_05 | Streamable
I think in this case I wouldn't bother with the white light. The image before it triggers looks fine. The likely hood is that the white LED is reflecting off the nearby white paintwork causing the camera to believe it's darker than it is and underexpose the image. You could add a little WDR to compensate but I think you're better off without the white light here. I have a similar issue with my drive camera as my car is white.

Back