01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ColorVu event light making image go too dark

aries7602

I thought I'd post my problem and the solution I found in case anyone else encounters the same issue. I've just set up a DS-2CD2347G2-LU 4MP ColorVu turret camera. I upgraded the firmware to get the white light activating on events but I discovered that for a couple of seconds that the image would go really dark and blurry. Not great when I'm trying to capture peoples faces as they walk up my drive. This was happening in daylight.

The exposure setting on my camera was 1/100 and I had no actual need for the extra light at night because I have street lights so I'm still getting a really good colour image even at 3 in the morning. But I wanted the deterrent effect so that anyone walking on to my property at night would realise they were on camera or at least think twice because they were illuminated.

So I played around with some of the image settings and discovered that Wide Dynamic Range fixed my problem straight away. I have it set on auto and when the white light goes on at full brightness there is no effect at all on the image.

Back