01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking to upgrade my cameras? (not dome camera style)

Pike25lb

Hi, so I have 2 dome cameras - daytime they are good, night time poor, they always look foggy or mucky and can't see anything.

I have a colorvu - is a good image, though at night it's a bit ghost like image if I walk past.
But never shows foggy or mucky.

I also have a Turret camera that delivers a black and white image overnight, again I'm pleased with the Images when it decides to work.
But again never gets foggy or mucky I never have to clean it.

What's on the market now, any recommendations for help to upgrade the dome ones 8MP and 4mm lens?

I quite like the night colour.
As there a few different types, any thoughts on new?

Are you using Hikvision cameras?
I guess so, as you mention ColorVu

Do you use an NVR currently?
If so, what model please?

We need the exact model please, there are many 76XX variants ...

Hi @Pike25lb

Are these 2 x Dome cameras the only 8MP models you have connected to this NVR? How many 8MP cameras do you currently have connected to the NVR?

Thanks @Pike25lb

In that case, we would probably recommend either the DS-2CD2386G2-IU 8MP AcuSense Turret or the DS-2CD2387G2-LU 8MP ColorVu Turret

One other option would be the DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU 8MP Hybrid Light Turret which combines both the IR/B&W technology of the AcuSense cameras with the White Light/Color technology of the ColorVu models (e.g. on Event triggers the camera will switch from IR/B&W to Color).
Great, thanks, I'll have a read up on them - what's the difference in the top 2 please?

Thanks

Hi @Pike25lb

The main difference is that the AcuSense cameras use IR LEDs (nearly invisible infrared light) at night to achieve a B&W image, while the ColorVu models use a built-in white light LED (quite bright/very visible) to achieve a colour image at night.

If there is enough ambient light in the scene (e.g. street lights, security lights, etc...) you can disable the built-in white light on the ColorVu models and just use the ambient light to achieve a colour image.

As explained above, the Hybrid Light models combine the technology of both the AcuSense & ColorVu cameras.

Back