01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to upgrade Hikvision IP cameras connected to NVR?

beepi

Hi,

I have 12 IP cameras connected to Hikvision NVR (DS-7616NI-K2).
I recently upgraded the NVR to the latest firmware, and I wanted to upgrade the firmware of the IP cameras as well.
The NVR shows the cameras are all online (and I do see the video coming), but it seems like my NVR has no option to upgrade the firmware for the IP cameras from the NVR's portal from a file (only with "One Click upgrade", but unfortunately it doesn't detect the new version).
Trying to connect to the IP's of 10 of the 12 cameras directly over HTTP fails with time-out. I recently added two new cameras, and luckily I was able access their portal via HTTP and upgrade them manually (see image below).
Enabling Virtual Server on the NVR didn't really help. It won't provide a port to each camera on the NVR, but it would just redirect me to the IP of each camera, which as mentioned, doesn't work with or without the virtual server option turned on.
The NVR and the IP cameras are all connected together via a managed switch, so I'm using only a single port on the NVR to connect it to the switch.

Any idea why I cannot connect to any of the ports of the IP cameras? The default managements port is also inaccessible to any other tool like iVMS / Batch Configuration.
I am looking for any way to upgrade the firmware for those cameras, either one by one or batch upgrade.
I do see all the cameras via SADP.

1704202250395-png.10283

1704202284563.png

Attachments

• 1704202250395.png
    1704202250395.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 832
Solution
As I mentioned, they're connected via a switch.
I just solved the issue, so happy to share in case someone come across this in the future...
All of the 10 cameras that I couldn't access their portal had the wrong gateway IP configured. It was set to 192.168.1.1 instead of 10.0.0.138.
In my case 192.168.1.1 is the gateway of a different VLAN and the connection between the two VLANs is blocked.

I noticed that after connecting my laptop directly to the switch of the Hikvision cameras... (before that I was connected to the router via a VPN)
Hi @beepi

Are all the cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR or are they connected remotely over the local network via separate PoE Injectors/Switches?

Upvote 0
As I mentioned, they're connected via a switch.
I just solved the issue, so happy to share in case someone come across this in the future...
All of the 10 cameras that I couldn't access their portal had the wrong gateway IP configured. It was set to 192.168.1.1 instead of 10.0.0.138.
In my case 192.168.1.1 is the gateway of a different VLAN and the connection between the two VLANs is blocked.

I noticed that after connecting my laptop directly to the switch of the Hikvision cameras... (before that I was connected to the router via a VPN)

Upvote 1
Solution
okay,

As the cameras are connected to a switch that is connected directly to a port on the NVR the cameras will behave the same as if they were all directly connected to the PoE ports and thus cannot be accessed on the local network using their standard IP addresses.

To access cameras directly connected to the NVR you will need to enable Virtual Host which should create virtual links to each camera so that you can log in to each one and update the firmware.

Once you have access to all the cameras you can update the cameras to V5.7.14 for the 2x43G2 cameras and V5.7.21_231023 for 1035G0-I cameras.

Upvote 0
All set now...
1704215085684.png

I upgraded manually by connecting to each camera web portal, but I wonder what's the most efficient way to do the upgrade next time?
Batch Configuration is the right tool for that?

Upvote 0
Hi @beepi

Unfortunately, the way you have cameras connected directly to the ports on the NVR means they are using the NVRs subnet IP range and those devices are not visible to tools like SADP or Batch Configuration.

The only way you might be able to update directly connected cameras using Batch Config would be to connect a PC/Laptop directly to the LAN port on the NVR, set the PC/Laptop to the same 10.0.0.xxx network range, and then you might be able to see all the cameras in Batch Config (but we have never actually done it this way so can't say for sure it will work).

Upvote 0
Back