01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-7616NI-K2 - not able to upgrade firmware to V4.72.107 build220914?

JT_Singh

Helpful lot - I see there's a new firmware available - V4.72.107 build220914 at HIKVISION UK PORTAL

I have a DS-7616NI-K2 / 16P which is currently on V4.32.116 build 220112. I decided to upgrade to the latest version as I am facing a few issues with accessing the recorded events for a few cameras. I can see the events via playback via the phone apps (android or iphone), but when I access them via a web browser, it says No recordings found.

When I tried to upgrade the firmware, it showed me the pop up that the NVR will restart following the upgrade. However instead of showing me the progress of the upgrade on the pop up window, it shows a message - Failed to get the upgrading progress, and doesn't upgrade the firmware.

Can someone please advise what's going on?

Attachments

• Hik Error.JPG
    Hik Error.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 85
Helpful lot - I see there's a new firmware available - V4.72.107 build220914 at HIKVISION UK PORTAL
It looks as though have the correct file. However ideally you would upgrade to the 4.71.xxx version above it in the list on the portal first. You don't need to upgrade sequentially through every version but when that middle number changes, you should update to one of them first.

It's likely just a browser issue. Try a different web browser for the update (but do 4.71 first). If you can't get it to work with another web browser - iVMS-4200 would work.

I can see the events via playback via the phone apps (android or iphone), but when I access them via a web browser, it says No recordings found.

The event clips are stored in your Hik-Connect account not on the NVR. Can you see the recordings on a monitor/TV connected to the NVR? If not, I suspect that your database is corrupted (I've seen this twice recently). You may find that when you look on the NVR directly that the calendar is empty of recordings. On the NVR go to Storage > Storage Management > HDD Management. Select your hard disk and click the 'repair database'. That will rebuild the recording database and restore what is currently inaccessible (it takes some time so be patient). I usually do that directly on the NVR rather than using the web browser but it can be done either way.

It looks as though have the correct file. However ideally you would upgrade to the 4.71.xxx version above it in the list on the portal first. You don't need to upgrade sequentially through every version but when that middle number changes, you should update to one of them first.

It's likely just a browser issue. Try a different web browser for the update (but do 4.71 first). If you can't get it to work with another web browser - iVMS-4200 would work.

Hey Mate - thanks for the reply. Hope all is well - been a while..

So I tried chrome, edge and firefox but I am getting the same error when I try to upgrade to 4.7.1. It seems like something else is going on here. Thoughts?!

I'll try the "repair database" in sometime, but I am unsure why I can't upgrade the firmware...

Hey Mate - thanks for the reply. Hope all is well - been a while..

So I tried chrome, edge and firefox but I am getting the same error when I try to upgrade to 4.7.1. It seems like something else is going on here. Thoughts?!

I'll try the "repair database" in sometime, but I am unsure why I can't upgrade the firmware...
Ah - I've just looked at the image in your first post....

It looks as though maybe you've not unzipped the file? I always forget this as my Mac decompresses them automatically. When you've unzipped it should just appear as "digicap.dav"

Ah - I've just looked at the image in your first post....

It looks as though maybe you've not unzipped the file? I always forget this as my Mac decompresses them automatically. When you've unzipped it should just appear as "digicap.dav"
Silly mistake - guess its been a while since I upgraded firmware. All sorted now on the firmware front. Need to focus on the events recordings. I'll follow the steps you mentioned in the first reply.

Thanks a ton mate, as always!

Silly mistake - guess its been a while since I upgraded firmware. All sorted now on the firmware front. Need to focus on the events recordings. I'll follow the steps you mentioned in the first reply.

Thanks a ton mate, as always!
No problem. If you do have a monitor/TV hooked up to your NVR via HDMI you can do it with the mouse just clicking the Storage icon. When looking at the recorder on the monitor, you may see that the cameras are showing as recording (red clapperboard icon on each image) but in playback there are no blue triangle markers on the calendar days to indicate recordings are present. Once you click the 'rebuild database'; as it progresses, those markers will start to populate gradually.

No problem. If you do have a monitor/TV hooked up to your NVR via HDMI you can do it with the mouse just clicking the Storage icon. When looking at the recorder on the monitor, you may see that the cameras are showing as recording (red clapperboard icon on each image) but in playback there are no blue triangle markers on the calendar days to indicate recordings are present. Once you click the 'rebuild database'; as it progresses, those markers will start to populate gradually.
So mate - I checked the NVR and can I see the recordings. Also I can access these via the web browser (by login into the NVR) . But if I log into the camera via web browser, I can't access the recordings. It says no file found.

Also when I access the playback recordings on my phone, I can hear the audio clearly with the recorded clip (event based). But if I try to access via the NVR Web browser, I can see the clip but I can't hear the audio....

The Video / Audio settings are checked correctly, and the storage advanced setting to record the audio is also checked. What can be the issue here?

But if I log into the camera via web browser, I can't access the recordings. It says no file found.
That’s correct then and not a problem. There are no recordings on the camera, they’re on the NVR hence no file found.

The Video / Audio settings are checked correctly, and the storage advanced setting to record the audio is also checked. What can be the issue here?
Check that Video/Audio is also selected for the sub stream as that’s what’ll show by default when you view via web browser (the little ‘2’ is sub stream ‘1’ is main stream)

Check that Video/Audio is also selected for the sub stream as that’s what’ll show by default when you view via web browser (the little ‘2’ is sub stream ‘1’ is main stream)

Yes, the "Video & Audio" is selected for Main Stream (normal) and Sub Stream for the camera. And in the Storage > Schedule Settings > Advanced, Record Audio is checked for the camera too....

Yes, the "Video & Audio" is selected for Main Stream (normal) and Sub Stream for the camera. And in the Storage > Schedule Settings > Advanced, Record Audio is checked for the camera too....
It's muted by default; I take it you're unmuting it in the lower left corner of the image? Otherwise I'm not sure...browser compatibility issue maybe
Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 12.03.35.png

It's muted by default; I take it you're unmuting it in the lower left corner of the image? Otherwise I'm not sure...browser compatibility issue maybe
View attachment 9828

So yes it was muted - and now I can hear the sound in the playback videos via the web browser. But if I download the clip via the web browser, I only get the video. The audio, which I could hear in the playback on the web browser, isn't available in the downloaded clip! What am I doing wrong here?!

So yes it was muted - and now I can hear the sound in the playback videos via the web browser. But if I download the clip via the web browser, I only get the video. The audio, which I could hear in the playback on the web browser, isn't available in the downloaded clip! What am I doing wrong here?!
Nothing. Use Hikvision VS Player to make sure you get audio (VLC may also work)

Nothing. Use Hikvision VS Player to make sure you get audio (VLC may also work)
I was using VLC - that is my default player for all mp4 files. I'll just downloaded the VS Player and I can hear the audio... - thanks (the nth time).

Back