01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking to Upgrade my DVR solution by adding ColorVu cameras?

SteMac32

Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade some of my old CCTV camera's connected to a HikVision DVR ( DS7208 HQHI -F1/N ). This DVR was installed in 2018 so obviously at least 5 year old tech but is it still compatible with any of the HikVision colorvu range. Money is tight at the moment so I'm trying to avoid having to have a new DVR installed if it can be avoided, i would look at this later in the year.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi Dan,

Thanks for that.

The turret and dome are POC , will they also be ok with my existing DVR?

As far as I can see your DVR does not support PoC so you would need to power the cameras with separate 12v PSUs.

From Googling your model number this was the only datasheet I could find.

Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade some of my old CCTV camera's connected to a HikVision DVR ( DS7208 HQHI -F1/N ). This DVR was installed in 2018 so obviously at least 5 year old tech but is it still compatible with any of the HikVision colorvu range. Money is tight at the moment so I'm trying to avoid having to have a new DVR installed if it can be avoided, i would look at this later in the year.

Thanks in advance
Steve
I have an 8 port Hikvision DVR and all my ports are used with POE / Coax cameras but wanted to add some more. As an experiment I bought 3 TAPO IP Cameras for about £20 each. Got them working as standalone cameras to start with then started fiddling with getting them added to the Hikvision system and eventually stumbled on the right setting and they work great!!! I also have a Synology NAS box and thought I'd try the surveillance app that comes with that. That too works great with the Tapo cameras but not the Hikvision Cameras as these are not IP.

Back