01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Looking to upgrade my DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P NVR?

Rob887

Hello people.

I've got an DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P and it's been good for 5 years.

Now looking at upgrading what does everyone recommend. ( don't even mind moving away from hikvision. But I do have doorbell,ptz and vehicle number plate camera )

I was thinking a Nvr with AcuSense ? As the only thing my system is missing is a good smart event alert... I always end up turning them off due to the false alarms..

The 3 AcuSense cameras I have are alot better.

I have 13 cameras so didn't really want to upgrade them.. rather just do the NVR

Thank you

The only issue with the AcuSense NVR is that for the channels where you're using the NVRs AcuSense processing, you're restricted to either motion detection or line crossing. When using the NVRs event engine they're exclusive, so you cannot use line crossing on one channel and motion detection on another (this does not affect the AcuSense cameras you have, as for those you would continue to use the camera's processing)

The DS-7732NI-M4/16P would be the direct upgrade and the M series would be most up to date. The AcuSense model that's available is the DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/S and would be closest to what you currently have, adding the AcuSense filtering for your standard cameras (still an I series). Finally there's the Deep in Mind iDS-77732NXI-M4/16P/X which will be a step up from the I series AcuSense. Maybe grab the three data sheets for comparison of specs and features.

The only issue with the AcuSense NVR is that for the channels where you're using the NVRs AcuSense processing, you're restricted to either motion detection or line crossing. When using the NVRs event engine they're exclusive, so you cannot use line crossing on one channel and motion detection on another (this does not affect the AcuSense cameras you have, as for those you would continue to use the camera's processing)

The DS-7732NI-M4/16P would be the direct upgrade and the M series would be most up to date. The AcuSense model that's available is the DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/S and would be closest to what you currently have, adding the AcuSense filtering for your standard cameras (still an I series). Finally there's the Deep in Mind iDS-77732NXI-M4/16P/X which will be a step up from the I series AcuSense. Maybe grab the three data sheets for comparison of specs and features.

Thank you
iDS-7732NXI-M4/16P/X Looks so perfect. Need to see if i can stretch my budget !.

With regards to DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/S i saw you said 'AcuSense Filtering' but does it still act like a normal smart event with alerts ETC.
If I had 4 NVR Acusense for intrusion could i select different setting for the 4 channels. E.g (Vehicles on some and Human on the other)

Back