01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intrusion smart event - how to keep white light enabled for duration of intrusion?

montydon

Hi -

I've setup my DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL to trigger the white light on intrusion smart event detection.

Works great - very happy!

The only problem is that the white light switches itself off after the timeout period (20 seconds), even though the "intruder" is still triggering the smart event.

This means the intruder is free to continue doing what they are doing while in the much lower light level which degrades the video quality.

Is there a method of re-triggering the white light again? Or ideally having it remain switched on for the period of the smart event?

Ideally I want the white light to remain on for the entire period an intruder is triggering the intrusion smart event so the recording has the best possible quality at night.

Thanks.

Hi @montydon

If you log into the camera directly, you can adjust the timeout period by going to Configuration>Event>Basic Event>Flashing Alarm Light Output and setting your preferred time in seconds in the Flashing Duration box.

You can also change how the light behaves by using the Flashing Frequency dropdown (Normally On just means the light will turn on and not flash):

MDQ814SELh.png

If you're using an NVR and have the camera connected directly to it, then you will need to follow these steps to log into it directly:

Thanks for replying @Kyle!

What is meant was, is it possible for the light to remain on for the entire period a person is within the smart event detection?

For example, I have a 30 second timeout set. Then the light goes out.

But if someone is on my drive for longer than 30 seconds, I want the light to remain on until they leave the smart event detection area.

Is that possible?

Hi @montydon

As far as we are aware, it is not possible to configure the white light to come on with intrusion and then turn off when someone/something leaves that intrusion area.

The light can only be triggered to come ON by event trigger and then when it goes OFF can only be controlled by the above timeout settings.

The white light on these AcuSense/Live-Guard models is not designed for illuminating the scene to see more detail, the white light is designed as a visual warning/deterrent (which is why they offer the flashing light function).

I don't see this option with the DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU
V5.7.14 build 231028

Is there a way to control light duration ?

I don't see this option with the DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU
V5.7.14 build 231028

Is there a way to control light duration ?
The option is only available for the models with a separate strobe light which yours doesn’t have (on the hybrid light models it would be the LISU/SL)

On the G2H-LIU with the light set to smart, the camera will switch from infra-red to ColorVu when an event is detected. There is no configurable timer. The feature will work better when linked to motion detection, than it will with line crossing; as persistent motion within the area will keep the smart light illuminated (whereas a line crossing could be considered a single momentary event)

Back