01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with recording Hikvision smart events to sd card

Carrera

Hi,
I have been trying to get my cameras to record smart event to the internal sd cards within the cameras with no luck. Clearly I’m doing something wrong but for the life of me I can’t figure what.
Summary setup and settings:

Cameras
3* ds2cd2347g2-lu > basic event - motion off, dynamic analysis off, smart event intrusion on, area and min max set, arming schedule 24/7, linkage- notify on, upload ftp/memory card on, white light on, trigger recording a1 on. Record schedule menu set to record event 24/7 (purple). Sd card formatted and ready showing space available
white light comes on when motion is detected so the smart event is working

2* ds2de3a400bw-de > basic event - motion off, within vca section smart event intrusion on, area and min max set, arming schedule 24/7, linkage- notify on, upload ftp/memory card on, strobe light on, trigger recording a1 on. Record schedule menu set to record event 24/7 (purple). Sd card formatted and ready showing space available
strobe light comes on when motion is detected so smart event is working

no NVR but cameras are being recorded 24/7 via blueiris which is picking up the rtsp main stream, but this should not affect the cameras own recording to sd card as it’s not sending recorded files to blueiris.

any help would be much appreciated as I cannot figure out what I’ve done wrong

thx

Hi @Carrera

We have just tested this on a 2386G2 camera and it works fine, I think the issue is that you have both the linkage memory card and trigger recording options ticked under the event linkage method. If you untick the "upload FTP/memory card" one and just leave the "trigger recording" one ticked it should start recording events.

Hi,
thanks for the prompt reply. I have just tried your suggestion and indeed the events are recording to the sd card For all the cameras.
just another related question, I used vms4200 to play them back. Is there a way of playing them back directly from the camera By logging into it as the playback tab disappears after a few seconds?
thx for your help

PC windows 10 chrome browser. The playback tab at the top appears when you log into the cameras then disappears
thx

okay, what firmware versions are the cameras currently using?

2347g2 - v5.7.10_220830
d3a400 - v5.7.4_220706

i upgraded them before Installation

Back