01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SMTP Mails from my iDS-7204 HUHI DVR just stopped working via Brevo?

YasenV

Hello All,
I have an issue with DVR
Product Type: DVR/NVR

Device Model: iDS-7204HUHI-M1 SA

For 2 years I have it setup sending me emails for different alarms or errors. Suddenly it just stopped working. The configuration is unchaged for a very long time.
I am using brevo smtp and from the same network I have other embbeded device that is sending emails without any issues.

When I use the test button it just says test failed and no more information in the logs. Where I can see more logs, so I can pinpoint the problem?

Regards,
Yasen

1705515480358.png

Are you using a gmail "app password"? If not then that could be the reason as gmail and most other similar email services have stopped allowing services like this to authenticate with a normal master email password. It may be that your region/account has only recently been changed by Google.

See here:

I am not using google smtp but brevo. After playing 3h with the settings, it seems brevo are now allowing non-encrypted traffic to other port. And it worked for me. I guess the TLS on Hikvision and TLS on Brevo are not compatible for some reason. Hikvision does not support 1.3 yet. I can't confirm, but Brevo might be only 1.3

Back