01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Standalone security monitor (software) for industrial PCs for TV

patrickf

Hello everybody,

currently I manage a setup of 8 Hikvision cameras on two different DVRs (DS-7608NI) at two physical sites. These sites are connected via VPN and on the main site I have setup a RTSP gateway to make sure that the traffic isn’t multiplied when some users and displays are connecting to the streams at the same time. (On our secondary site we only have a LTE connection...).

My bosses and myself are used to have some cameras streamed onto a TV screen with a Raspberry Pi running rpisurv (GitHub - SvenVD/rpisurv: Raspberry Pi surveillance). This setup isn’t reliable, due to some compatibility issues with the software or the Raspberry Pi with the TV screens. The reason is, that the properties of these sites are large, and we would like to see if someone enters.

Therefore, I would look for a software that is running on some thin- or industrial computers that can be mounted behind a TV to show 4 (or multiple) video streams from some of the cameras at the displays. It’s not necessary that the processing of the streams happens on the IPC. For me it’s also imaginable to have a server-like setup that supplies the merged (4-cam-grid) to those clients.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to use the HDMI Output of the NVRs, since these are in the server racks.
Do you have any recommendations?

Best Regards from Austria! :)

Back