01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Suggestions and feedback for this hikvision setup

analysis_bruh

Greetings,

I'm in the process of planning a surveillance system installation for my home and have been in touch with several local dealers. During the construction of my house, seven mounting points were designated for cameras, although no wiring has been done yet (such as Cat6, etc.). One of the dealers has provided me with two quotations, each offering different camera and recorder options. The primary factors influencing my decision are budget constraints, with my budget falling in the range of 50,000 to 55,000 Indian Rupees (approximately 650 USD).

The first quotation involves an Analog camera and DVR setup, priced at around 35,000 INR. The second quotation features an IP camera and NVR setup, which comes to approximately 45,000 INR, excluding cable and installation costs. These figures are based on rough estimates of the products used in each setup.

I have included the product models from both quotations below, and I would greatly appreciate your guidance on them. Additionally, if you have any suggestions or insights to offer, please feel free to share them.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

additional points:
* both use 1TB hard disk WD

NVR System

1 x Hikvision 4K 8ch DS-7608NXI-K1 NVR
7 x Hikvision DS-2CD1023G0E-I 2MP Mini Bullet

DVR Setup Below

1 x Hikvision iDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA 8-channel DVR
7 x Hikvision DS-2CE16H0T-ITFS 5MP Analog Mini Bullet

(ADMIN - we don't allow individual product prices to be posted at the forum, I've deleted your screenshots with the prices and just typed out the details of your systems so users can still assist you in the advantages/disadvantages of both systems)

Hi @analysis_bruh

Looking at the specs of both systems I think they are both actually very similar and not a huge amount to separate them.

Obviously, the 5MP cameras of the analog system will give you slightly better images than the IP cameras, but we as use-IP always lean towards IP solutions because they are more versatile. IP cameras can be run on their own (without an NVR), directly plugged into an NVR, or connected to an NVR over your existing local network, whereas the analog products have to be plugged directly into the ports on the DVR.

The NVR from the first quote is actually a non-PoE model (the PoE model would be the DS-7608NXI-K1/8P) which means it has no PoE ports to plug the cameras directly into the NVR, if your property already has network access points, routers, or switches where cameras can be connected then you don't actually need the PoE ports as all the cameras can be connected to your local network and assigned IP addresses to add them to the NVR.

Having this option could also potentially reduce installation cost & time as the cable runs can be shorter and not as many holes have to be drilled or cable fastening fixed (with an analog system you would need to run a COAX cable from each camera position to a port on the DVR).

But if you don't have these network access points and/or your internet is unreliable an analog solution might be more reliable because with all the cameras directly wired to the DVR the only way the cameras would stop recording is if the power cut out.

Upvote 0
Hi @analysis_bruh

Looking at the specs of both systems I think they are both actually very similar and not a huge amount to separate them.

Obviously, the 5MP cameras of the analog system will give you slightly better images than the IP cameras, but we as use-IP always lean towards IP solutions because they are more versatile. IP cameras can be run on their own (without an NVR), directly plugged into an NVR, or connected to an NVR over your existing local network, whereas the analog products have to be plugged directly into the ports on the DVR.

The NVR from the first quote is actually a non-PoE model (the PoE model would be the DS-7608NXI-K1/8P) which means it has no PoE ports to plug the cameras directly into the NVR, if your property already has network access points, routers, or switches where cameras can be connected then you don't actually need the PoE ports as all the cameras can be connected to your local network and assigned IP addresses to add them to the NVR.

Having this option could also potentially reduce installation cost & time as the cable runs can be shorter and not as many holes have to be drilled or cable fastening fixed (with an analog system you would need to run a COAX cable from each camera position to a port on the DVR).

But if you don't have these network access points and/or your internet is unreliable an analog solution might be more reliable because with all the cameras directly wired to the DVR the only way the cameras would stop recording is if the power cut out.
Thank you, Dan, for your swift response, and I apologize for including the screenshots with prices; I wasn't aware of that guideline.

I'd also like to mention that the NVR system quotation includes a POE switch (DS-3E0510P-E HIKVISION 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged POE Switch), and my property has a reliable internet connection.

Regarding the camera resolution, I've been informed that 2MP IP cameras are quite close in quality to the 5MP analog cameras, and that 2MP should suffice. Given this, Dan, what would you recommend I go with? I'm leaning towards the NVR setup, but if it's similar to the DVR setup, I must admit I'm a bit puzzled.

Could you also suggest any other models for the NVR or IP cameras, taking my budget into consideration? I understand there's a price difference between our regions, but I'd appreciate any recommendations for decent starting range or mid-range models.

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Hi @analysis_bruh

Thanks for the extra info, yes with a PoE switch included in the system that will shorten some of the cable runs and should make the installation easier, faster, and cheaper.

In regards to camera resolutions, it is tricky to compare because the 5MP image will be a 4:3 square aspect ratio image (2560×1944) while the 2MP IP camera image will be a wide 16:9 ratio image (1920×1080). The 4:3 image will be narrower (2.8mm will be a horizontal FOV of 85.5°) but slightly taller (vertical FOV: 63.7°) than the 2MP image, while the 2MP 16:9 image will be significantly wider (horizontal FOV 112.1°) but slightly shorter (vertical FOV 60.0°) than the 5MP image.

I think in most spaces the wider 2MP image will give you better results.

In regards to other models, I don't think there are any other NVRs I could recommend that wouldn't bust your budget for the whole system (the next models up from what you've been quoted would be starting at around 450-500 USD), but with the cameras you could look at the DS-2CD1043G2-LIU which is the 4MP version of the bullet you've been quoted and should be a step up in image quality with only a small step up in price (we can't give you a figure on these because these models are not available in the UK/EU market).

Upvote 0
I'm considering going for the 2MP version in this case. Dan, I apologize for bombarding you with so many questions, but overall, how would you rate this setup, especially since I'm leaning towards the NVR option? Are there any potential issues or concerns with either the cameras or the NVR in question that I should be aware of? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Could you also please mention the slightly better NVR you mentioned ? I plan to compare prices in the UAE, where electronics tend to be more affordable. Please recommend the NVR and a compatible camera that would work well with it.

Upvote 0
Hi @analysis_bruh

The IP system you've been quoted looks fine to me, the 2MP cameras are fine but if you have some larger areas to cover I would definitely recommend looking at the 4MP model because a 2.8mm 2MP model will not give you great detail beyond 15m.

Our system recommendation would be the below:

DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S 8 Channel AcuSense Network Video Recorder
DS-2CD2046G2-IU 4MP AcuSense IR Fixed Bullet Network Camera

But these are UK/EU models and might not be available in your or the UAE region.

Upvote 0
Hello Dan,

Could you provide me with a more detailed explanation of these specifications? If I were to purchase seven cameras, can I expect all of them to support both motion detection and perimeter protection, assuming they are 4 MP cameras?

To rephrase my question, this is the same NVR I mentioned in my initial post. So, hypothetically, if I were to use only 4 MP cameras (seven of them), does it mean that this NVR would only be able to accommodate a limited number of 4 MP cameras, forcing me to switch some of them to 1080p? This would potentially negate the purpose of buying all seven 4 MP cameras.

I'd appreciate it if you could also consider this in a broader context, not just limited to these specific features of motion detection and protection.
SCR-20230918-ucdb.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi @analysis_bruh

This area is confusing and even we don't understand it fully (we've repeatedly asked Hikvision to explain it to us but we have got very few clear answers from them).

But in your case it is simple, 'By Device' means the AcuSense events are being handled by the NVR and this primarily applies to non-AcuSense cameras (which is why there are some limitations on how many cameras can be set up with motion detection/smart events). "By Camera" means the AcuSense events are being handled by the camera which applies if you are using AcuSense cameras and this would be what you are doing when buying 7 new AcuSense cameras.

So with 7 x New AcuSense cameras, the events would be managed "By Camera" and you can have them configured on all cameras/channels.

Upvote 0
It's quite an unfortunate situation. I've decided to go with the camera you recommended, which is either gonna be 2MP or 4MP of that model, and it doesn't have the accusense feature. So, I suppose I won't be able to utilize all the cameras to its full potential, right? I feel it would be better to trigger the hybrid technology (flash) when someone crosses a specified line,rather than a motion-based trigger. In that case, it seems I'll be limited to just one camera.

Regrettably, I can't afford an upgrade for the NVR or cam either.

Upvote 0
Sorry @analysis_bruh

I'm confused, if you are now planning to use the 2046G2-IU 4MP (2026G2-IU 2MP) model I recommended then that camera does include AcuSense features and if you are running 7 of these on the above NVR you can configure motion detection and all smart event on all 7 cameras.

Also, what do you mean by "Hybrid Technology (Flash)"? If you are referring to Live-Guard or Hybrid Light then I need to make clear that none of the camera models above (not the one I've recommended or the 2 models from your original quotes) support these features.

Upvote 0
In regards to other models, I don't think there are any other NVRs I could recommend that wouldn't bust your budget for the whole system (the next models up from what you've been quoted would be starting at around 450-500 USD), but with the cameras you could look at the DS-2CD1043G2-LIU which is the 4MP version of the bullet you've been quoted and should be a step up in image quality with only a small step up in price (we can't give you a figure on these because these models are not available in the UK/EU market).
I apologize for any confusion, Dan. I should have clarified the specific camera models I was discussing. I wasn't referring to the ones you mentioned in the setup you recommended based on my request, but rather the model you suggested earlier as a slight upgrade to the cameras specified in the dealer's quotation.

Is this particular model equipped with hybrid lighting capabilities?

Furthermore, it lacks accusense functionality, which means I may face limitations in terms of how many cameras I can equip with these features, as far as I can tell. I am currently contemplating the purchase of the Hikvision 4K 8-ch DS-7608NXI-K1 NVR to support this configuration.

Doesn't this imply that I'll only be able to utilize perimeter protection or, as I understand it, the toggle light on crossing a line feature on just one camera instead of all seven that I intend to have?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry @analysis_bruh

I had forgotten that I had mentioned that camera model, but yes that model does support Hybrid light features (supports both White light & IR LEDs).

You are right that this model does not offer full AcuSense features because as an entry-level model it only actually supports motion detection (no advanced smart events) but using the AcuSense NVR you should be able to apply the AcuSense smart events to a small number of cameras, see the below forum post for more details on this:

So this means you should be able to apply the AcuSense features to up to 2 x 4MP non-AcuSense cameras, but the Hybrid Light functionality should be controllable for all 7 cameras.

Upvote 0
Dan,
Alright, let me clarify this once more. I have a question regarding the accusense features – could you please explain what these accusense features entail? As I understand it, I can utilize these features on two of the 4MP cameras. However, I'd like to confirm that this is distinct from the hybrid light functionality offered by these cameras. Am I correct in thinking that I can keep all the cameras in IR mode continuously and activate the flash when an object crosses a specific line? This capability isn't limited to just two cameras, unlike the accusense feature mentioned earlier.

To put it even more explicitly, the limitation of two cameras for accusense features, as dictated by the NVR, does not apply to the hybrid light triggering mechanism provided by the cameras, and I can configure this feature for all seven cameras regardless of the NVR used.

Upvote 0
Hi @analysis_bruh

explanation of both the AcuSense features and Hybrid Light can be found in the below forum posts:

The Hybrid Light function is separate from the AcuSense features, so it will be possible to configure the Hybrid Light smart mode for each camera but it is important to point out that those 1043G2-LIU cameras only support motion detection and not line crossing (see the event section of the camera datasheet).

Upvote 0
Back