01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Support needed on NVR DS-7608NI-K2 advanced setup

macogtt

Hello community!
I'm finalizing my hikvision ipcam ecosystem setup and just not getting round on some blocking point i've accumulated in my journey.

Background:
-DS-7608NI-K2 NVR not POE with V4.74.200 build 230522 fw (couldn't find a more updated one and i'm doubtful if this is a specific fw creating me part of the issues i will explain below)

-netgear prosafe POE
-3 colorvu acusense 8mpx camera
-for the time being i have no access to NVR menu from video output and i'm trying to set all up from web interface (this is also making me doubtful i'm not able to get to the details options i need)

Willing to integrate as much as possibile the NVR output in my home automation running HASS but this is not an issue for the time being.

Issues(remember i'm trying to do all of this from web interface)

-smart event hardly configurable from NVR, notably some local linkage method don't show up on nvr and i'm forced to do it locally on the camera (alarm light of my LSU camera don't display as linkage for instance and trigger areas are not drawing correctly, also not displaying MAX MINIMUM sizes conditions to filter out false positives)

--> i believe i'm safe enough to setup all these on the camera themselves and then rebooting the NVR shall do the trick is that correct?

-channel zero not working. when i activate it i lost the the webpage live stream as well as RSTP stream. Now i know the channel zero won't activate if not HDMI is plugged in, i've bought a HDMI spoofer but still unable to get it up and running

-NVR advanced search of images: the filters in the image repository section are limited to : fire detection / temperature measurment/veichle detection/and then i have a "all the other" : note that i have not camera with such functionality nor have set any specific VCA on the local camera, i've them simply set as stock for smart event (no facial recognition / no monitoring)
So i'm really limited on filtering the condition i'm only triggering line crossing for the time being

I don't seem to find on the web interface any setting for the nvr to change the VCA on it .

-on the saved picture or on the motion footages, i do not see the trigger condition displayed on all cameras. Some camera show on the image taken the condition that triggers the capture (in my case i'm using only line crossing for the time being) but other cameras despite are triggered, don't save the and display the condition.

Should i need to change firmware?
should i need to hook up an HDMI an look for a VCA setup from the video menu ?

thank you very much for your support.

Hi @macogtt

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The simple answer to the above is that Hikvision has not delivered a full "modern browser access" solution for the older K-series NVRs and so this means there are lots of features & settings that are either missing or don't work in modern browsers like Chrome or Firefox.

We recommend the best way to access all the features of a K-series NVR is to access it with a direct HDMI monitor and/or the Hikvision desktop software -
iVMS-4200(V3.10.1.5_E)

thanks @Dan, as you could see i was suspecting this. Still i believe some of the issues i've mentioned will also not solve just by solving the interface issue.
I will give it a try with ivms (logistically impossible for me the hdmi solution for the time being ) and get back here when something is not fixed.
Could you confirm at least the firmware i've installed is the most updated and correct one ?

thank you again for your great support

Reactions: Dan
Hi @macogtt

Sorry, I missed your firmware question.

Yes, you are running the latest firmware for your NVR model.

Back