01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Time To Bin My Dahua XVR5104HS-4KL-12?

chris301up

I've owned a Dahua XVR5104HS-4KL-12 for a couple of years which as worked well until recently. Problems started when one of the camera lights started flashing. Since then I have installed a replacement camera and a dedicated power supply to each camera. These were originally wired directly to the house alarm system but only supplying around 9 volts, which apparently wasn't sufficient to power the cameras? This seems to have rectified the flashing issue. However, since then the NVR refuses to record any motion detection etc. I have replaced the hard drive and, just as a matter of course, the on-board button battery. As this wasn't supplied with a user manual I have had to reply on Google and YouTube to try to get suitable set up instructions. But these are very sketchy at best. I have carried out a factory reset on several occasions and followed the setup instructions step-by-step, and although the cameras are detected and showing up on the TV screen, I cannot get the damn thing to record. Does anyone know anywhere I can get this tested or have any further advice before I bin this? Thanks

I've owned a Dahua XVR5104HS-4KL-12 for a couple of years which as worked well until recently. Problems started when one of the camera lights started flashing. Since then I have installed a replacement camera and a dedicated power supply to each camera. These were originally wired directly to the house alarm system but only supplying around 9 volts, which apparently wasn't sufficient to power the cameras? This seems to have rectified the flashing issue. However, since then the NVR refuses to record any motion detection etc. I have replaced the hard drive and, just as a matter of course, the on-board button battery. As this wasn't supplied with a user manual I have had to reply on Google and YouTube to try to get suitable set up instructions. But these are very sketchy at best. I have carried out a factory reset on several occasions and followed the setup instructions step-by-step, and although the cameras are detected and showing up on the TV screen, I cannot get the damn thing to record. Does anyone know anywhere I can get this tested or have any further advice before I bin this? Thanks

JUST AN UPDATE. ITS STARTED WORKING AGAIN. NO IDEA WHY !!

Back