01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to access my HikVision DS-7608NI-I2 NVR through web browser?

jhs2zz

I have a HikVision DS-7608NI-I2 that we inherited from the previous owner of a house we just bought. I am able to connect to it using SADP and it shows this:

01PNG-edited.PNG

001 is the POE switch, 002 is the NVR.
001 setting:
06.PNG

002 setting:
05.PNG

Note that both has 'DHCP' disabled.

As I said, I can connect SADP and I am able to read this information from my computer connected to the POE switch. But when I tried to access the NVR through the browser by typing the following ip addresses, all I get is this address cannot be reached. I made to sure to switch off my wifi so my computer is only connected to this LAN. Addresses tried:
- 192.168.1.86:8000
- 192.168.1.86:80
- 192.168.1.64 (this is the poe)

I don't know if this is related to the DHCP setting? As I suspect my computer does not get allocated an IP address on this LAN upon connection. I could not modify the POE switch to DHCP because I do not have the password - we inherited this system from the previous owner who lost all those...

Please any suggestions? Many many thanks!

Hi @jhs2zz

First of all, the issue with accessing the device via a browser is likely to do with the network settings of the devices.

I assume that if you have recently moved into the property you probably set up your ISP (Internet Service Provider) that was likely different to what the previous owner used. Sometimes when you change the ISP they give you a different router/gateway IP address and this might not match the IP address set on the Hikvision devices (e.g. the switch and NVR are currently 192.168.1.xxx but the router address range could be 192.168.2.xxx or 192.168.5.xxx).

We would recommend following these instructions to use Command Prompt to check the IP range of your local network and see if it is 192.168.1.xxx or something different.

The other problem though is not knowing the password, Hikvision will only perform password resets for customers who bought via authorised resellers/installers and in most cases they will ask you to go back to that seller/installer to sort out the password reset. Unfortunately, this means that if you don't know the original seller/installer and because these NVRs do not have a physical hard reset button you probably won't be able to make any further progress regaining access to this NVR.

(You might be able to find a local Hikvision installer who, for a fee, will do the password reset for you)

Back