01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrading 7 year old Hikvision Cameras?

ih007

Hi all,

Hoping some advice on an upgrade - we're having some building work done and now is a good time to upgrade 3 or 4 of my cameras installed around 7 years ago, they are DS-2CD2345FW-I . To tell the truth i don't really have an issue with the performance of the current cameras but they are white cameras on a white wall, and after the work will be mounted back on a black fascia or brick wall so want to change to black.

Things have moved on a long way and i have looked at DS-2CD2387G2H-LIU as a possibility and probably a noticeable upgrade. My NVR is blue iris, my current processing and storage capability should be ok with these higher res cameras. Power is via a POE switch.

Really i guess i'm just looking to see if there is anything more appropriate that i've missed?

Much obliged for any advice!

Hi @ih007

Yes, the Hybrid Light cameras are the most up-to-date Hikvision camera models.

The camera should work with Blue Iris, but lots has changed with Hikvision and their relationship with 3rd-parties like Blue Iris since you bought the 2345FWD cameras, so it might be worth contacting Blue Iris support to get confirmation if these Hybrid Light models are fully supported by their software.

Back