01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrading my old hikvision DVR (DS-7208HGHI-SH) and 2MP turbo turret cameras?

zargarf

Hi

My old Hikvision DVR DS-7208HGHI has packed in. It won't recognize the hard drive any more, even though the hard drive works externally. I'm looking to replace it and was wondering what you would recommend - would the hikvision IDS-7208HUHI be a sensible upgrade?
I have a current analogue system with 5 old 2MP turrets connected via coax, so it makes sense to upgrade the cameras also. Would I be limited to 5MP turrets given that it's an analogue system and I would like to use the existing cabling. Is it relatively trivial to swap out the existing cameras?

Many thanks

Last edited:
iDS-7208HUHI-K1 for your DVR

If you have decent coax then you can push the boat with 4K cameras. If colorvu tickles your fancy, go for the 8mp colorvu (DS-2CE72UF3T-E). The alternative if you don't fancy your house looking like a Christmas tree are the 8mp IR turret (DS-2CE78U1T-IT3F).

If you have ready-made cable, you might struggle and should err on the side of caution. 3k colorvu with audio (DS-2CE72KF0T-FS) or 5mp IR audio turret (DS-2CE78H0T-IT3FS)

iDS-7208HUHI-K1 for your DVR

If you have decent coax then you can push the boat with 4K cameras. If colorvu tickles your fancy, go for the 8mp colorvu (DS-2CE72UF3T-E). The alternative if you don't fancy your house looking like a Christmas tree are the 8mp IR turret (DS-2CE78U1T-IT3F).

If you have ready-made cable, you might struggle and should err on the side of caution. 3k colorvu with audio (DS-2CE72KF0T-FS) or 5mp IR audio turret (DS-2CE78H0T-IT3FS)
Thanks for the reply. It looks like the coax cabling is RG59 B/U + 2 core PVC ROHS. Would I need to go with the lower resolution cameras?

Back