01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Video on my IP cam is 'jerky' any advice please

Jim

I have set up an IP camera in our church to relay our services to those who are unable to attend in person - but at the moment the recordings are very 'jerky' and not really very satisfactory.
Would welcome any suggestions on what to do to get a nice smooth movement. whether it be a more expensive camera or more equipment, different software, would be grateful for any suggestions.
At the moment I am using a Storage Solutions IPc-Son camera hardwire linked to a Netgear router.

Is it jerky when you view it on your PC/laptop locally ?
The Storage Options SON-IPC1 has a max frame rate of 15fps, this will probably look OK via the web, but a better camera would deliver better results.
Take a look at the Axis M1054 in use at Deddington Church.

Is it jerky when you view it on your PC/laptop locally ?
The Storage Options SON-IPC1 has a max frame rate of 15fps, this will probably look OK via the web, but a better camera would deliver better results.
Take a look at the Axis M1054 in use at Deddington Church.
Many thanks for your advice Phil - I have to admit that I bought The SON camera because it was cheap and as I didn't know what I was doing preferred to experiment on a cheaper camer - but will take your advice

Is the video jerky when you view locally or remotely (i.e. when someone is viewing the feed from elsewhere)?

It may be the network speed and/or upload speed which may be causing the 'jerkiness' - particularly if more than one person is accessing the stream at the same time.

You could also take a look at the http://www.use-ip.co.uk/eyespy247-hdsd-compact-wireless-hd-ip-camera.html

It supports various qualities of video streams in various formats so may give you more flexibility and the ability to fine tune for your network.

Is the video jerky when you view locally or remotely (i.e. when someone is viewing the feed from elsewhere)?

It may be the network speed and/or upload speed which may be causing the 'jerkiness' - particularly if more than one person is accessing the stream at the same time.

You could also take a look at the http://www.use-ip.co.uk/eyespy247-hdsd-compact-wireless-hd-ip-camera.html

It supports various qualities of video streams in various formats so may give you more flexibility and the ability to fine tune for your network.
Hi memman
Thanks for your reply and advice - the video seems OK when viewed locally, just when viewed remotely - our ISP at church is Plusnet and out uplink speed appears to vary from approx 550kb/s to 900kb/s
Will check out the link you suggest.

Back