01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Is there a way to stop 'Preset' number appearing on screen?

cymruchris

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
I've recently purchased the Hikvision DS-2DE6425IW-AE 4mp 25x zoom PTZ:

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 00.52.32.png

Very impressed with lots it can do - including the auto tracking feature. It's serving a dual purpose - to operate as a CCTV camera and to transmit a live RTSP stream for regular online church services. I had a previous thread where I was looking at a Sunba camera with an audio input, but the quality of audio was nasty. I've now found a way to convert the existing church 100v speaker/PA system to a line-in level, and am sending sound to a PC, and then using OBS to amalgamate the RTSP stream and the audio channel into one Youtube output - and it's working! This is a pretty smart camera as they go, especially the auto tracking that I've set up for 'out of hours' operation. It's a fair sized building, and if I walk through the intruder zone (front door) it follows me about.

The live streams are working quite well - and certainly better than an iPad being balanced on a tripod - but I do have a niggle. It might happen with other cameras too - so someone might know how to stop it.

I've set up some presets - so that the local vicar can change scenes as he's working his way through the service - but have noticed that the 'preset' number appears on the screen of all streams when operated. Is there a way to switch this off? It's the first PTZ I've had that shows this info on screen - and I don't want to see it. Any ideas or suggestions?

IMG_5053.PNG

I solved this - I finally found the right tweak to keep it off the OSD.

Hi @cymruchris

That's great, can you please share your solution? I am sure there will be others on the forum interested in this solution.

Hi @cymruchris

That's great, can you please share your solution? I am sure there will be others on the forum interested in this solution.
It was in plain view - although I missed it - ptz osd - although it’s not the ‘no’ setting from the drop downs but the ‘nc’ setting. This can be found when accessing the camera directly through its own IP address:

23069352-978B-405C-9357-F22C291C06ED.jpeg
23069352-978B-405C-9357-F22C291C06ED.jpeg

Reactions: Dan
Back