01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Web components Live view plug in won't work?

IMF73

I am trying to install the web components live view plug in but cant get it to work at all.

Any tips please?

Hi @IMF73

Can you please confirm which NVR & camera models you have?
Can you please confirm the firmware versions the NVR & cameras are currently using?

Hi I am a little unsure of the exact model...Device name is Embedded Net DVR, Model DS-7204HQHI-F1/NA - does that help?
Firmware version - V3.4.41 build 160614

Thanks @IMF73

So that DVR model you have is quite an old model which is now EOL.

Due to the age of this model, it stopped receiving firmware updates before Hikvision support brought in their "modern browser" solution that allows newer models to be accessed with modern browsers like Chrome & Firefox.

As this model is too old to support this firmware, you can only access it using either Internet Explorer on an old PC or by using the Hikvision desktop software iVMS-4200(V3.11.1.7_E).

Ok thanks, that makes sense.
I have inherited this as I have moved into a new house with this installed.
I can connect direct via a monitor too - I suppose that's the other way then?

Also do you know anything about Hik Connect app on my iphone?
With my old Hik system I used to have, that I left at my old house, I could view events on playback, with this I just see a blue time line and it doesn't show when any events or motion is detected.
Is that also because it's old?
Or is that a config issue?

Have you checked that smart events are configured?

The previous owner may just have had the DVR set to record continuously without event triggers/notifications.

I have tried to have a play around with the settings but I am guessing a little, is it the linkage method I need to configure?

The Linkage Method is related to configuring events, but there are other settings involved to get events working.

Can you please share some screenshots/photos of the event menus in your DVR?

here you go

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-22 143311.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 143311.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2024-08-22 143411.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 143411.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2024-08-22 143455.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 143455.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 30
Thanks @IMF73

It looks like Motion Detection is enabled, but you need to check that the arming schedule is set and that under the linkage method you have "Notify Surveillance Center" ticked.

If you still can't see the events, the last thing to check would be to log in to the DVR with iVMS-4200 or a direct monitor and check how the detection area has been set for motion detection.

many thanks, i really appreciate this, I will take a look at all this - thanks
will let you know

Can point me in the direction on iVMS to check detection area and events?

Last edited:
Back