01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

White Light Option Missing for Events after firmware upgrade on DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL?

Prototype

I have a DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and just upgraded the firmware to version V5.7.13 build 230504 from version V5.7.10 Build 220720 but now the White Light option is missing as a event trigger. I have tried downgrading the firmware but it says Firmware too old and fails to downgrade. Does anyone know if firmware V5.7.13 Build 230706 has this feature returned or will I need to find a way to downgrade the camera firmware to get this option back again?

I have a DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL and just upgraded the firmware to version V5.7.13 build 230504 from version V5.7.10 Build 220720 but now the White Light option is missing as a event trigger. I have tried downgrading the firmware but it says Firmware too old and fails to downgrade. Does anyone know if firmware V5.7.13 Build 230706 has this feature returned or will I need to find a way to downgrade the camera firmware to get this option back again?
The LSU/SL variant never had that option as far as I'm aware. The option was only available on cameras without the strobe light. I have both the LU and the LSU/SL models and it's only on the LU even though they use the same firmware file (G5). It is not in the latest 230706 build for the LSU/SL and I'd not expect to see it added TBH.

To get around that, some people have just triggered the strobe, but altered the strobe settings so that it comes on permanently without flashing. You can do that in the camera - Basic Event > Flashing Alarm Light Output > Flashing Frequency (normally on). The flashing light is the middle LED. It is a different colour temperature (about 4000K) to the outer 2 LEDs that are used for illumination (about 3000K). It's not going to provide sufficient illumination for the camera to be able to produce a decent exposure if there's not enough light; that's what the ColorVu LEDs are for and if they need to be on, then they should be on. But if you do have sufficient light and you're just wanting an LED to come on as a deterrent without flashing, that workaround works fine.

LU (no strobe)

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 10.36.19.png

LSU/SL (with strobe)

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 10.35.51.png

Last edited:
This camera did have the option on firmware version V5.7.10 Build 220720 but it disappeared when I updated it. The problem with using the Warning Strobe LED static on is that it is just a single LED and not as bright as the two White Light LED's which are designed for illuminating the scene.

Is there any way I can downgrade the firmware back to V5.7.10 Build 220720? It won't let me via the Web browser and returns an error The upgrade file firmware version is too low.

The problem with using the Warning Strobe LED static on is that it is just a single LED and not as bright as the two White Light LED's which are designed for illuminating the scene.
Correct. If it's needed for illumination (rather than as a visual deterrent) then the LEDs would be expected to be on in darkness.

Is there any way I can downgrade the firmware back to V5.7.10 Build 220720? It won't let me via the Web browser and returns an error The upgrade file firmware version is too low.
I've managed to downgrade firmware previously using web browser when there's been a bug, but I've not tried recently and have seen numerous posts like yours where the downgrade is blocked. I'm not aware of a workaround.

I think your options may be limited. If the strobe light/siren and alarm input/output are not needed then the standard -LU model has the function in the latest firmware. The new hybrid light model (DS-2CD2387G2H-LU) would provide the best result, as when used in Smart mode you've a good monochrome image without visible light, switching to colour with visible light on event. The LSU/SL variant of the hybrid light model is not available yet but I have seen it listed in the firmware pages so it's probably on its way.

Edit: It could be done with node-red. A flow would be created where the incoming event message caused xml to be sent to the camera to turn on the white LEDs. I use node-red to add an external temperature display and alarm system status to one of my cameras. It can run on an always on computer, NAS drive, Raspberry Pi. It's a bit of a mess on but thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestions. I do need the Sound on this camera as we get a lot of people trespassing into the area this camera is located. I was please when I first saw the White Light option and had actually set it up and got it all working then I decided to upgrade the firmware to get it all up to date and was disappointed to see that option vanish :(

Just to give you an update I have spoken to Hikvision support and they have assisted me with downgrading the Firmware and the White Light option has now been restored.

Attachments

• White Light Option.jpg
    White Light Option.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 118
I have spoken to Hikvision support and they have assisted me with downgrading the Firmware
How did they suggest you downgrade if it wouldn’t using the usual update method with the browser? Others may find that information useful….

How did they suggest you downgrade if it wouldn’t using the usual update method with the browser? Others may find that information useful….
They assisted with putting the camera into debug mode using some software to connect to it and once in debug I had to send them a hex key. They then sent a password back to me and I was able to send a command to allow firmware downgrades. It was then just the normal procedure of updating the firmware but with the older version. I asked why this white light feature has been removed and the engineer said he didn't know but he knows that HQ have no intention of putting it back in future releases. So it looks like I'm stuck on V5.7.10 Build 220720 but that's a small price to pay as the white light on event is brilliant as it's so bright

Hi All, my first post here and wish I found this site sooner. I have recently purchased 3 new smart hybrid cameras and out of the box, I have the same issue that Prototype has raised. I even checked the latest firmware version, but no joy. As I purchased these cameras off the web, I am not sure they will talk to an end user, but I will try. The core reason I purchased these cameras was for the smart white light. I have had these cameras 2 weeks now and can only use IR light. I dont want to be unfair on my neighbours and we have no street lights in our village, so having a white light on, does create a fair amount of light pollution.

I would rather hope that HikVision simply fixes this easily with a BIOS / Firmware update. Anyway, I will see if there is a general support email and ask for the same help. I will update here.

Update: I found the uk support email and have sent them a message. Let's see what they say.
Update 2: Just to be a little more factual. The new cameras I have are: DS-2CD2387G2H-LISU/SL (Turret type) & DS-2CD2087G2H-LIU (Bullet Type)

I purchased these to replace aging DS-2CD2085FWD (4k bullet).

Last edited:
Hi @casw1000

The camera discussed earlier in this thread is an older non-Hybrid light model and the light control settings are different on your new Hybrid Light model to this old model.

To enable the Hybrid Light mode you need to log in to the camera and go to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Day/Night Switch and set the Smart Supplement Light as ON and the Supplement Light Mode as Smart.

Once you've done this and configured your chosen smart event, the white light will come on when that chosen smart event is triggered.

Hi @casw1000

The camera discussed earlier in this thread is an older non-Hybrid light model and the light control settings are different on your new Hybrid Light model to this old model.

To enable the Hybrid Light mode you need to log in to the camera and go to Configuration > Image > Display Settings > Day/Night Switch and set the Smart Supplement Light as ON and the Supplement Light Mode as Smart.

Once you've done this and configured your chosen smart event, the white light will come on when that chosen smart event is triggered.
My apologies, my mistake. I saw the model number, but didn't notice the lack of 'H' in the model number, but that said, i still dont see the white light option and the ability to set how long the white light should remain on for. aka, stay on for 5 seconds.

I also believe I tried the same settings as you mentioned, I have spent hours working on this. I will try the options again that you suggest and share the results, but I dont think it will work. Thanks for your reply!

Hi @casw1000

As far as we are aware, the Hybrid Light cameras do not currently support a setting to adjust how long the light is on for, the light is simply controlled by how long the event trigger lasts. This feature might be added in future firmware but we cannot say for sure.

Hi @casw1000

As far as we are aware, the Hybrid Light cameras do not currently support a setting to adjust how long the light is on for, the light is simply controlled by how long the event trigger lasts. This feature might be added in future firmware but we cannot say for sure.

Hmmm, Thanks Dan. I guess, the main thing is, if I can get the white light to come on whilst there is movement, then thats better than nothing, but I have setup the settings and will test them out tonight. Do appreciate your feedback, you of course have some insight into this, so I respect the information. Cheers.

Back