01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL / V5.7.13 build 230403 - Firmware upgrade?

LoneEdge

Hello all, I have a problem with the following camera DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL on firmware V5.7.13 build 230403

and I am struggling to find an updated version on the portal. Does anyone know if there is a higher version of firmware?

I have also checked the Hikvision product page and no firmware version is available to download.

Hello all, I have a problem with the following camera DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL on firmware V5.7.13 build 230403

and I am struggling to find an updated version on the portal. Does anyone know if there is a higher version of firmware?

I have also checked the Hikvision product page and no firmware version is available to download.
Looks as though there is a different build number.

1709202685761.png

It's a good question @Whisky

Unfortunately, Hikvision doesn't like to make locating firmware easy :)

What complicates things is the multiple versions/generations of the same models.

In the case of the 2387G2 model above, the firmware you located on the Hikvision website is the latest firmware for the newest (D) hardware iteration of the 2387G2 camera.

The camera the thread creator has was using a firmware version (v5.7.13) that is only applicable to the previous (C) hardware generation, the latest firmware for those cameras is only available for the download portal.

What we usually recommend doing is double-checking both the firmware section on the Hik website and the UK download portal because sometimes the newest firmware is on the Hik website and sometimes it's on the download portal.

You should be able to confirm the generation of your camera model & which firmware platform (e.g. G1, G3, G5 folders in the download portal) it uses by using the attached instructions.

Attachments

• How to find a camera's firmware.pdf
    260.1 KB · Views: 91
It's a good question @Whisky

Unfortunately, Hikvision doesn't like to make locating firmware easy :)

What complicates things is the multiple versions/generations of the same models.

In the case of the 2387G2 model above, the firmware you located on the Hikvision website is the latest firmware for the newest (D) hardware iteration of the 2387G2 camera.

The camera the thread creator has was using a firmware version (v5.7.13) that is only applicable to the previous (C) hardware generation, the latest firmware for those cameras is only available for the download portal.

What we usually recommend doing is double-checking both the firmware section on the Hik website and the UK download portal because sometimes the newest firmware is on the Hik website and sometimes it's on the download portal.

You should be able to confirm the generation of your camera model & which firmware platform (e.g. G1, G3, G5 folders in the download portal) it uses by using the attached instructions.
Ah, ok. Would that be the same for NVR's?

Yes, for some NVR models the latest firmware will only be available from the Hikvision website, for some models it will only be available from the download portal, and for some models, you'll find firmware versions on both the portal and the Hik website.

Yes, for some NVR models the latest firmware will only be available from the Hikvision website, for some models it will only be available from the download portal, and for some models, you'll find firmware versions on both the portal and the Hik website.
Thanks Dan. Really appreciate the time you've taken to explain this to me.

Reactions: Dan
No worries,

People always ask questions about where to find the correct firmware versions.

If you do run into any problems finding your firmware we would first recommend searching the forum "*insert your camera model* firmware" and you may find another thread already discussing where to find the firmware.

If not you can always create a new thread asking where to find any particular firmware and one of our team or one of the other users will be able to help you find it.

Back