01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Zxtech TROPOX II IP Camera, Can they be added to a HiWatch or Hikvision NVR POE ports ??

Mart68

I have 8 of these zxtech 1080p ONVIF COMPATIBLE cameras. I would like to use 4 of them inside my workshop and garages.
Is there anyway i can connect them to the POE ports of my NVR, as when i had them connected to a TP-Link Splitter they were a pain as they kept dropping off the system and i had to keep adding them back in to it. When they are working the image and video is good, so i would like to reuse them if i can.

Hi @Mart68

It should be possible to directly connect those cameras to the NVR, but to do this you will need to plug the cameras into the PoE switch, log in to the cameras individually, go to their network settings and change each cameras IP address to match the subnet range of the NVR (usually 192.168.254.xxx - e.g. change each one to an available port like 192.168.254.3 / 192.168.254.4 / etc...) and also change the gateway of each camera to the subnet gateway (192.168.254.1).

Once you have done this you will lose access to the cameras on your local network, but if you then plug the cameras into the PoE ports on the NVR and manually change the corresponding NVR channels to the network details you set for each camera and enter the password you should be able to add the cameras directly to the NVR.

Adding 3rd-party cameras via a separate PoE switch is easier and better because once the 3rd-party cameras are directly connected to the PoE port you won't be able to log in to those cameras directly, which you may need to do to update firmware and to modify some camera-specific settings.

The problem is sorted.
Thank you once again Dan for your help :)
@ Phil, give the lads a payrise :p

Edit...
I can still do the basic camera adjustment though the NVR.
I have also been intouch with zxtech in the uk and there are no more firmware updates for these cameras.

Last edited:
I have 8 of these zxtech 1080p ONVIF COMPATIBLE cameras. I would like to use 4 of them inside my workshop and garages.
Is there anyway i can connect them to the POE ports of my NVR, as when i had them connected to a TP-Link Splitter they were a pain as they kept dropping off the system and i had to keep adding them back in to it. When they are working the image and video is good, so i would like to reuse them if i can.
Sorry Martin to jump on your post but I have bit similar issue. I have 4x zxtech poe cameras however 2x of them keep dropping from the system. I am looking for permanent solution please.

Back