01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Ad-hoc camera arm button (switch on/off events)

rompik

Hello All,
Is there any option to switch on / off Events on Hikvision cameras via a external button?

I understand there is an option to select a schedule when events are captured. It is useful for people with very regular schedule.
There is also option to disable alarms on Hik-Connect App (but this has to be for each camera each time which is quite time consuming).
But is there any option to "arm cameras" via eg. button / touch panel / dry contact... (like regular security systems). For example when last person leaves home arms events or first person comes back disarms events? So that it would be very simple to turn on/off notifications?

Or any other solution? Some integration with Home Automation (Smartthings, etc)?
Would it work eg. with DS-KH8301? Any experience?

Thank you,
Roman

Last edited:

Thank you Phil. This is one of the advantages of having NVR

Is there any API / http command that would achieve something similar?
I was wondering if OI could do it from Samsung Smarttings .

Is there any API / http command that would achieve something similar?
I was wondering if OI could do it from Samsung Smarttings .
I’ve just got this working really well automated between NVR and with SmartThings (my home IoT hub).
- I have a DS-7616NI-I2/16P.
- I use the One Key Disarm feature in physical alarm input 1.
- I bought a Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222 Z-wave device which can operate a switch (Alarm input 1).
- That connects to Samsung SmartThings via Z-Wave using a community driver someone’s written
- I’ve also built in a manual physical override switch for both forced “armed” and “disarmed”

The net result is I can control the One Key Disarm from my SmartThings app. But much more usefully it is part of the automation rules so when we are at home during the day it suppresses alerts but in other states (e.g. night time, away from home) it cancels the disarm sends notifications. It changes state automatically driven by the home/night/away state of the presence sensors and hub using scene rules.

Happy! New to the Hikvision kit (and use-ip) and loving both!

Hi Wardie,

Can you please explain how to program the nvr to arm/disarm with an alarm system to get notifications and stop notifications?

This will depend on the model of alarm control panel. You’d need an alarm panel with a programmable output and a 12V DC mini relay. The coil of the relay would be connected between +12V and the output (which would be programmed for close/arm). The volt free contacts of the relay (common and normally open) would be connected to the NVR Ground and alarm input 1. Then in the the NVR alarm input 1 is set as arm/disarm.

Back