01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Adding additional card reader to Door Station? (DS-K1107 with DS-KV8213)

mgiggs

Hi All,

I have a DS-KV8213 as an intercom at the front gate of my house and we have begun using the proximity to unlock the gate and enter, it is very convenient. I was looking at using a card reader inside the gate for easy exit. An exit button defeats some of the secuirty benefits of a front fence/gate.

It appears that through the use of the RS-485 interface in the door station and that in the DS-1107 card reader that it may be possible but there is zero confirmation I can find of this in the documentation let alone instructions on how to achieve this like where to set the RS-485 address in the door station as you seem to be able to set one in the reader. Also, will the connected reader work with already enrolled cards, or will it need to be configured etc.

Any help or advice would be great, thanks in advance.

For everyones benefit, I bit the bullet and purchased the reader. Took a little experimentation due to the lack of documentation but it works like a second physical reader attached to the intercom as I had hoped. No new enrollment of cards or anything like that, no configuration on the Intercom in the settings.

The only config was with the dip switches on the reader, it is set to RS485 (not wiegand), enabling RS485 'match resistenace" and setting the RS485 address to 2 (3rd switch on of the 4 used to set the address) as the Intercom interface said the RS485 address was 1.

Hopefully that helps someone else.

Hi there, Google has led me to your post.

I am currently in this same boat, only I have a DS-KV6113WPE and a DS-K1107AMK. I feel that the overarching operation should be the same as what your models use.

I am struggling to get the communication to work I think.
I have a 6113 working fine, I have 485A to 485A and 485B to 485B.

Tried several dip switch combinations to no avail. I can see there is next to zero RS485 settings in the door station other than the RS485 address is "1" and that is greyed out and cannot be changed.

The lamp on the 1107 is solid red which the manual says is how it should be (485 comms active).

Dropping a tag on the 1107 gives a short beep but no response from the 6113.
Entering a key code and pressing hash gives a beep at the 1107 and an error beep from the 6113 like that part is getting through.

A youtube video says dip 1 on only.
Comments say dips 1/5/8 on and it works.
Dip 5 has people confused as is for Wiegand.

Not sure why I'm not getting this working currently.

Any thoughts?

Starting to wonder if a firmware upgrade is going to be the right idea or if that may do more harm than good.

Appreciate the post!

Nope never mind, success.
Upgraded the DS-KV6113WPE firmware from build 220108 to build 220816 and boom it works.
It works no matter what address you give the additional reader.
Works with or without the "match resistance" and the DIP5 setting youtube comments reckon helps.

Good process too, the door station retained all the settings. Did the upgrade and it literally all just worked.

Now I just have to work out how to register a keypad code and we're sweet.
Back to google!

Hi, i am in a similar situation. I have DS-KV8213 at the gate and we use cards to enter the building. My kids are frequently forgetting the cards so i would like to add a reader with keypad to enter the pin code to enter. Does the DS-K1107AMK reader work with pin code also, or only with cards?

does that model outdoor station give you the ability to set a public password inside ivms?

My 6113 doesn’t have the option to configure a public password and as far as I can tell a password can’t be assigned to a user and therefore the keypad part of my 1107AMK won’t unlock the gate no matter what I try.

does that model outdoor station give you the ability to set a public password inside ivms? My 6113 doesn’t have the option to configure a public password and as far as I can tell a password can’t be assigned to a user and therefore the keypad part of my 1107AMK won’t unlock the gate no matter what I try.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I don't have that option either, but maybe there is a workaround.
You could try to manually issue a second card for a user with card number something like 1234 and then use that number as pin code.
If the reader just passes that number to the door unit they should match and unlock the door.

Maybe I am wrong, but would like to know that before buying anything.

The other option is to buy a standalone keypad with relay output and wire that to the exit button, but I like the first option more.

I have tried this is in a number of fashions and had no joy yet.

I have only tried adding the PIN code as an additional card to my “account”.

There is also an option in the account for a PIN code and that also doesn’t work.

I would have entirely thought this possible myself but I cannot find any how to videos for hik systems to add a code other than the public password. In my mind it should be possible to assign different user accounts with different passwords.

Unless I need to additional symbols/numbers for the card data to make it function.

Hik are no help to date yet either.

Maybe one thing will be useful since I lost weeks on that... Most of the time I find info about updating firmware and magically RS485 connection works. Since I had the newest firmware version and I was facing the very same challenges I did a reboot - simple reboot of Door Station, that finally made my K1107 connect via RS485 properly and now it finally works.

As far as keybord/pinpad is concerned I was also thinking to buy one, but I haven't got any info if it allows either calling the apartment or opening via pincode (I've heard that using the very long Mifare Card number, that is registered in the system, should work - but haven't tried since I have only k1107AM, without keypad) ...

Maybe one thing will be useful since I lost weeks on that... Most of the time I find info about updating firmware and magically RS485 connection works. Since I had the newest firmware version and I was facing the very same challenges I did a reboot - simple reboot of Door Station, that finally made my K1107 connect via RS485 properly and now it finally works. As far as keybord/pinpad is concerned I was also thinking to buy one, but I haven't got any info if it allows either calling the apartment or opening via pincode (I've heard that using the very long Mifare Card number, that is registered in the system, should work - but haven't tried since I have only k1107AM, without keypad) ...

Tried that, it wont work with the Mifar number.
Tried creating other "cards" manually which also don't work.
Tried different quantities of digits in case that's it, doesn't work.

What else have you heard?
I couldn't find much of anything from Google but you sound like you know something or someone that's pretty handy?

I've spent tons of my time talking to HikVision HelpDesk - (they are very patient people - even sometimes try to connect the very same equipment you have to see how to help). At the very beginning I bought a DS-KD-KP (for my DS-KV8213) - fancy looking keypad, unfortunately without success - it allowed me to call apartment 1 or 2 (so RS485 connection worked fine), but nothing as far as access, so I gave it back and bought DS-1107AM.

When testing DS-KD-KP there were combinations of #1(PINNUMBER)# / the number 1 represents apartment 1.

I also found tutorials on how to manage access via ivms, where you add users and then can create groups and give them PINCODE access (Access Management). in IVMS-4200 you have Access Control Group of Icons, then Person - there when you double click at person, you have your card number, and below is a Access Control submenu with place to write down your pin. Unfortunately it did not work for me :(

As I mentioned since nothing seemed to work for me - is replaced my hardware to DS-K1107AM - For my comfort I even created mifare spare "safety" key and left it hidden in my garden (just in case I accidentally close my doors ;) ).

I am still looking for perfect, keyboard solution and my focus shifted to DS-K1107AMK (since DS-K1107AM works great) - but I haven't tried that yet...nonetheless if you say it is not working, then probably it still isn't optimal solution for me..

Good luck with your trials - I hope there is someone here who had similar issue and solved the case ;)

I cannot get any help out of Hik at all. They simply don't reply to my emails.

I'm with you, I figured if I added that pin in it would work fine. I tried adding a number as you suggested for apartment number and still no good. I doubt that would be the answer to unlock the door station but, that number is usually used when calling and you wouldn't want to call from the additional key/pad reader as it has no mic, and no video. If you want to call a room you would need a door station.

What I have found is once a pin is added it appears it needs to be added in "authentication" under "access control", this video shows it at around 5mins.
however my 6113 door station doesn't appear in the left hand list to configure, it must be too basic. Does the 8213 appear in that menu and gives the options shown in the video, or it too is also too basic?

I have the same empty place under authentication.

I know this is not English, and different main unit, but menus should be the same. It says that under access control, device parameters you should click input number via keypad (13:12 from the video). Yet I doubt you will have same menus as my 8213 is not visible under device parameters…

Anyway, it proves that AMK version works, and how to turn it on, question is if HikVision will allow it in firmware update for other units…

I'm starting to wonder if these features only come when you also have a control station connected and it reports back to that, and no outdoor station actually has the functionality.

I believe that is the case.

Yet, since the reader sends info about your card to DoorStation with set of numbers confirming that it is to be/or not to be given access -> this means a small change on reader side can do the very same thing manually, on keyboard.

So it should be possible, but demands a different approach from HikVision - when I got in touch with them, they explained that I should have bought DS-KD8003 which has a keyboard functionality. Their solution was replacing 8213 with that one + few extra components. I believe they prefer to stick to things that are secure and designed from the beginning.

I hope they will update CardReaders to operate on Apple Watch with Apple Wallet - or at least Apple Watch App to open doors - this way I will have more flexibility ;)

Yeah and the KD8003 is a big industial (ugly) looking thing that wont fit in the 89x89RHS steel post I need to mount it on. The KD6113 is the perfect dimensions. I only wanted the pincode for exit without keyfob, if it doesn't work so be it unfortunately.

Back