01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Adding additional Hik Camera to POE switch - no lights?

RL62

Trying to add an additional camera to my 8 channel CCTV set up - all HiK. 7 cameras currently on so space for 1 more.

The camera is recognised by the NVR when I plug it in directly to the NVR (but I don’t see a picture) and I have activated it. However when I move it to my POE switch where I need it the SADP doesn’t see it and no lights on the switch. I have tested switch and cable and all works.

Have factory reset camera but no joy

Any ideas? Thanks

Hi @RL62

Can you please confirm the following:

- The camera model of the new (8th) camera you are trying to add
- The camera models of the 7 cameras already connected to the PoE Switch
- The model number of the PoE Switch

Thanks Dan

- New camera is DS-2CD2586G2-IS
- The other 7 cameras are a mix of other HIK Turret Cams (I am afraid I dont have the model numbers of the others to hand)
- the POE switch is a generic one connected to the NVR (DS-7608NXI-K2/8P)

Does this help diagnose?

Thanks

Thanks @RL62

Are you able to confirm the exact model number of the PoE switch? We need to check the specs of the switch because it will have a PoE budget and having 8 cameras connected might be exceeding the maximum PoE output of this switch.

Also, can you please log in to the NVR, go to Configuration > System > Camera Management > PoE Channel, and share a screenshot of that menu?

Hi Dan

Here is the POE switch which is just a standard 8 port switch - as far as I can tell by switching the cables around all the ports work and the switch has capacity

On the NVR my menu is slightly different but is this what you need?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
Hi Dan

Here is the POE switch which is just a standard 8 port switch - as far as I can tell by switching the cables around all the ports work and the switch has capacity

On the NVR my menu is slightly different but is this what you need?

Thanks
How are you defining 'the switch has capacity'?

If you temporarily remove several of the existing cameras - even all of them - and just plug in the new camera - does it work then?

How are you defining 'the switch has capacity'?

If you temporarily remove several of the existing cameras - even all of them - and just plug in the new camera - does it work then?
Hi no it doesn’t if I take all the other cams out this one still is dead ie no lights on thr switch port. This is odd as when I plug the cam into the back of the NVR I can activate it and I can see it on Sadp as well as being able to access it via a web browser using the IP address. However when I connect it to the switch I get nothing.

Out of ideas so going to have to call my installer I think who set this up. So much for plug and play!

Back