01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hard reset of HIK PoE switch?

TomThumb

I have a working (as in passing traffic) DS-3E1105P-EI (smart poe) switch that I'd like to hard-reset, does anyone know how ?
Inside it has JP1 (unlinked) shouting out but is there a known correct way to reset to box.

This particular switch refuses to be 'managed' and iVMS reports it as off-line; it refuses all attempts to change any parameters, especially the IP it is on.
(It does reply to a ping and has port 8000 open.)

Hi @TomThumb

The datasheet for this PoE switch has a diagram that shows there should be a hole in the back of the switch to access the reset button, see below:

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.51.01.png

Thanks, and now I must remember to double-check that in the future! Unfortunately, this one doesn't have such a reset button (nor hole in the case).
Does anyone know who made them (if not HiK) or familar with resetting such devices ?

switch.jpg

switch label.jpg

That looks like a button cell top-right on the pcb, with the power OFF you could try removing that and leaving it for say 10mins before replacing it and powering the switch ON again.

My hunch would be that without the battery it'll forget any custom settings and revert to default ...

Yes, a back-up battery with bonded tags. I did give it a brief short but not enough, everything remained. I didn't want to kill the little soul with a full-on 10s short. Looks like I'll be doing soldering iron surgery on it and get it disconnected fully.
- I was so hopeful that the JP1 would come into play (like power-up with it linked etc.).

Well that wasn't so successful.
I lifted one terminal of said battery, ensured was fully clear of the pad and solder below and waited a full ten minutes (it was more in the end). Reconnected in one clean move, soldered. All stable.
Put the switch back into position, it has three test cameras on it. All fired up after the usual delays.
Exactly the same. The switch has helped it self to a fixed IP where it's not really wanted (checked of my router's dchp log, shows no request from that mac address today).
iVMS-4200 says it is there but a 'device' not a switch like the others and id/password fails to gain access. Says it is off-line with a 'Risky' password but try to change anything and the lockup countdown has begun.
Back to the beginning.

Back