01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Advice please...

Simon

Not sure if anyone can help (have posted this on another forum as well) but I am after some advice for a CCTV project I have been saddled with!

I am an IT manager and we want to put 5 or 6 internal cameras in our offices. I was researching on the web and it seems that IP cameras will be more cost-effective than a traditional CCTV system (I can use the existing network and have a spare machine for the software) as well as giving better picture quality.

We want it to be quite future-proof and don't want to spend more than £4k on it - do you think we will notice much of a difference between the Aviligon 3MP or the 5MP variant or is that overkill and would an Axis network camera be more appropriate?

Many thanks. :confused:

Typically with internal cameras your field of view will not be that wide i.e. you are normally limited by the size of the room to a view width of say 4m or less.

If the view is let's say for ease of illustration 4m wide, then the standard 4:3 imager format will result in a view height of 3m.

In such a view, a six feet tall man (approx. 2m) will be 2/3 of screen height. At this size in the view you should easily achieve good ID shots without having to resort to too many megapixels.

Any of our range of cameras above 1MP will provide you with great images.

The Avigilon 3MP is actually great value for a 2048 X 1536 resolution camera, and coupled to their lossless recording software you will achieve impressively detailed images with enough detail to allow you to zoom-in even within recorded video footage.

That sort of performance can be really useful for demanding applications such as Reception Area cameras. Occasionally you just might want that extra detail to see what a visitor had in their hand ....

Thanks!

That is really helpful, thank you very much.

One of the cameras is for the reception so I think we will go with a 3 or 5MP there and the rest can be lower resolution. I won't clog up your forum and will phone the number above so you guys can give me a price.

Thanks again!

Simon:)

Back